Air bag light is on

Dunkelgrun

Dedicated Member
American Zeds
Model of Z
Made my first test reading and this is what I got. code 2, then code 11.
I guess there's a problem with my seat belt wire on the passenger side.
I had discovered an unusual amount of freedom back and forth on my drivers seat.
I just received the new bushings and will have a closer look underneath the seat when
I will attempt to install them. I could not move my seat back and forth when someone
mentioned to me to give the electric motor a little tap with a wrench or whatever.
It worked. I could move my seat again. Will keep you posted.
For what it’s worth I had the exact same code and problem, 11 passenger side buckle switch. What I did to fix it was spray some electronic cleaner, like CRC or something, I used CRC Mass Airflow Cleaner because that’s what I had around. I sprayed it down the buckle (sparingly) and then latched and unlatched the buckle a bunch of times, then let it sit to dry for a while, then cleared the code with the B800. Lights been off and stayed off for at least a month now 🙂

guyglemieux

Dedicated Member
Canadian Zeds
Model of Z
Z 3
Had my son do the work. Genius. With the coaching and videos from all of you made my work easy. Bushings changed, and the air bag light is off. Great timing. I thank you all for your sincere help.

guyglemieux

Dedicated Member
Canadian Zeds
Model of Z
Z 3
I guess I have lots going on. B800 worked I cleared my seat bag light. I fixed my dome light switch. Closing the door, my light stayed on. I put a small gob of epoxy on the door switch and it works. Dome light works as well. Fixed the slack in my seat with new bushings. Works great. I'm on a roll. I bought a seat belt guide for the drivers seat side. Fixed, perfect. Oil is changed.
Thank you for all your help. Glad I'm on this forum.
Happy Holidays to all of you.
Guy

Dunkelgrun

Dedicated Member
American Zeds
Model of Z
Have the same problem recently. Yes have none of those fancy machines.... take it will need garage job?
You could get a b800 or a code reader of some sort and that would tell you exactly where the problem is, then repair/replace the faulty part, then clear the code to make the light go out. Or take it to a mechanic, that is what they will do. I “fixed” mine by cleaning the switch, but eventually the light came back on. I will need to replace the latch buckle thing I think 🤔

NZ00Z3

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
New Zealand Zeds
Model of Z
3.0L, 2.8L, 2.0L Z3 Roadsters
Have the same problem recently. Yes have none of those fancy machines.... take it will need garage job?
There are a number of "Zed Shed's" around the UK which are associated with this forum. These are groups of Z3 owners who meet regularly on the weekends and fix their cars together. They know the Z3 well. Maybe there is one close by and the guy's there can scan the car and maybe fix it.