A love of Triumphs

TR4man

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 Coupe
TR4man submitted a new Showcase Item:

A love of Triumphs

You may have guessed from my forum name that I like classic cars. I'm not too sure that the Z3 can be termed a classic although I'm sure that the M is well on it's way.

Anyway, seeing the TR7 on here encouraged me to show you my two Triumphs

Firstly my 1963 Triumph TR4 owned since 1997 and shown here (with my son posing) in Mayenne on the way to Classic Le Mans 2012

In good company with friends...

At the memorial to an American pilot who was shot down in 1944 but instead of saving his own life by baling out, flew his crippled P38 over the town saving the lives of some of its civilians.

My other toy is another Triumph, a 1975 Stag.shown here at Spa in 2013 (yes I know the hardtop is on, but I actually prefer it when touring abroad)

At Reims - a very evocative place. A visit must be on any car enthusiast's bucket list. You can almost imagine the old racing cars thundering down the straight..

I suppose I should include a photo of my daily driver, my faithful little Zed.

So come on, there must be other forum members with some other interesting cars/bikes - lets see them!

Regards

Peter
Read more about this showcase item here...

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I have some of my first restoration of a Spitfire, albeit a long time ago. I will try to find them out and get them onto comp so I can show you all. You may have to bear with me. I have some time booked off work next week so I will see what I can do.

Brian H

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
E36/7 3.0i - E85 Z4///M
Growing up my dad had a TR6. What a special car that was maybe that is where my love of roadsters comes from?

Last edited:

911SC

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster S54
I too had a 1964 TR 4. Surrey top, wire wheels, overdrive. Pale blue just like the rally versions! Wish I'd kept it given the way the prices have taken off but I ran it for almost 17 years and just wasn't using it in the end Was featured in the Christmas edition of Practical Classics in a full test which set the car against a Porsche 912, a TVR Grantura and a Nissan Fairlady. The journalists chose my TR4 as the winner!! Sold it to a pal who kept it 4 years and then traded up to a really nice TR 5. Wonder where DPJ 50B is now??

My forum name gives some clue as to what I replaced the TR4 with!!!

Rev

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
Nice Cars!

I've had a GT6 and a Stag many years ago. I love the styling of the Stag especially, but mine wasn't very reliable I'm afraid. The GT6 had a complete life of it's own, doing what the hell it liked on the straights and corners!! Not a great experience.

I suspect that in truth the Z3 isn't a classic a present, but it has the retro feel of open top motoring at a really affordable price. It handles well and gets you there and back usually without issues, and when those problems arise they're able to be resolved without to much fuss. Plug it in and sort it out. They also don't suffer from horrendous rust problems, which if my memory serves me correctly was always a big issue.

Having had several classics over the years I have now nearly moved on. I still own a 1948 racer, but apart from that my cars are more modern. I turn the key and they start and go. I have to say that I much prefer this as every classic I've owned someone has taken it as a licence to take my pants down! If you think BMW ownership is expensive, forget it it. It's a breeze!!! If you garage space and can do all your own work it's fine, but for the majority thats not a runner.

I still love Classic cars, but now from afar rather than close up. Love to go to the meetings, but... viewing rather than owning is much better for my financial health!!

Thank goodness someone like you keeps these cars and uses them. They put a smile on my face whenever I see them on a run. Keep up the good work as you're ownership and dedication bring a bit of joy to many peoples lives.

:)

Zeti

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
Romanian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 roadster 1.9
Like your cars TR4man and this means like your work! :scorecard:
Hope the son will continue the tradition!:)