45 Mile Shakedown

Eddie Zedder

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.0
This morning Eddie was due to come out of hibernation, but the weather was less than favourable. Luckily the rain had cleared by lunchtime, so out he came for a quick blast up the old Fosse and back down the A46 bypass to settle out the brakes and new bushes. Unfortunately he was handling like a pig on the worn road surface.

So it was back home, a quick look on the web to see which tyre companies were open on a Saturday afternoon and then it was off to Eden Tyre Services (just a mile down the road) for Tracking. Forty minutes later and £25 lighter off I went down the same route. As soon as I pulled out of the garage I could tell that there was a vast improvement, so much so that I ended up doing 45 mile 'test run' around the B and C roads of Newark just to make sure!
IMG_0334.jpg
IMG_0337.jpg
IMG_0338.jpg
IMG_0356.jpg

Then when I pulled onto the drive and went inside, as per last year, Thomas resumed his usual position as bonnet mascot!

IMG_0371.jpg

Attachments

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Looking very nice Bryan, like all the shiny bits on the side view. Side reps complete the look mate.:thumbsup:

Tony.

Eddie Zedder

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.0
Looking very nice Bryan, like all the shiny bits on the side view. Side reps complete the look mate.:thumbsup:

Tony.
Looking at that side view, I was thinking that a spoiler would look good Tony. I have some Angel Eyes on order so I will de-tango the headlights when I put them in.

I would have gone to Tanvic for the tracking, but the buggers don't open on Saturday pm. =))

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
45 miles hey Eddie, well it's worth checking absolutely everything is right.

Mike

Poprin

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
3.0 Roadster + *cough* MX5 project
Car looks awesome! I've been out for a run today also in the Z trying to keep up with my friend in his Griffith 500. I was well impressed right until we arrived at our destination and he said he'd been using a quarter throttle and revving it to 4000rpm and I'd been tickling the red line to keep up on the straight and pulling about 5000 revs at all times!

I also have a fat cat... but he favours the roof instead of the bonnet. My partner refers to my car as the BM Bed because apparently the Cat sleeps on it more than I drive it :whistle:

Eddie Zedder

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.0
Car looks awesome! I've been out for a run today also in the Z trying to keep up with my friend in his Griffith 500. I was well impressed right until we arrived at our destination and he said he'd been using a quarter throttle and revving it to 4000rpm and I'd been tickling the red line to keep up on the straight and pulling about 5000 revs at all times!

I also have a fat cat... but he favours the roof instead of the bonnet. My partner refers to my car as the BM Bed because apparently the Cat sleeps on it more than I drive it :whistle:
Thanks. You may have struggled to keep up with the TVR, but I bet he spends more time in the workshop.

I managed to pee off another BM driver, he pulled over to let me off the slip road, so I just floored it (for test purposes you understand) just as he got to the side of me, before I knew it I was doing 95mph, he had to pull back in to let an M5 come past us both.

Cats, you've got to love 'em!

Poprin

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Thanks. You may have struggled to keep up with the TVR, but I bet he spends more time in the workshop.
I must admit I'm quite smitten with the Z3. I've always loved them since the day they came out to be honest I think they are a fantastic looking car. Can't deny the brutal performance of the Griff though. I have to admit I've got itchy feet for a 2.8 now. Must have more TORQUE!!!

Trouble is, although my car is by no means perfect I am quite in love with the old girl. So looking at other ones just means inevitably comparing them to mine and basically I think I'd only be happy if I found a carbon copy with a 2.8 in it!

First world problems eh...

Eddie Zedder

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.0
I know the feeling, I had no intention of buying a Zed until my mate offered me this one last year at a reasonable price. Once I had driven it I knew I had to have it. Now I keep thinking I should have had a 2.8 or 3.0l. I am sure I would have got an M a couple of months ago but luckily it had sold on the day I was going to look at it.

Poprin

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
The Z3M is undeniably awesome. The prices just keep creeping up though and for me, with the Z being purely a toy I can't really legitimise having that much money tied up in a vehicle. Also I don't currently have a garage (working on it) and I think it would be a bit sacrilegious to own one and keep it outside.

For me, I personally love the pre-facelift shape hence the 2.8 yearnings. However I think the 3.0 really is the daddy.

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Great pics, your Zed looks great. Smitten by my 2.8, love the old girl and wouldn't swap her, period. Other Zeds may be better/faster etc but Bella gets down the road well enough for me.

Not sure about the cat addition though :arghh:

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 2.0 20i M Sport sDrive
Great photos :p
Lovely colour Z you have ;)

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
Yes the 3.0 supersedes the 2.8 of course. It's slicker and more responsive but as Andy has already said, the 2.8 for me has more than enough grunt, bottom end torque is superb. I would never sell.

Antm72

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Car looks great Eddie well worth all the time and effort you put in over winter.
Hope we all get a great year to enjoy our cars.
:scorecard:

madleemark

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
enjoying the fruits of your labour!!!!!! car looking good, wheels set it off nice to, my cat fizz always wants to get into the engine bay when I have the bonnet up, cats love z3 to then.

I love my 2.8, both the pre facelift shape and the engine

Eddie Zedder

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.0
Thanks guys. Hopefully I will get more driving in this year when I am back on shifts in July, so more days off to enjoy. Let's hope there are more sunny days for Zedding fun. :racecar: