Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
'98 1.9 Auto
jonco published a new article:

Subject: 3G EWS remote fob programming
Background

I have a ’98 1.9 Z3 with the old style `house-brick’ remote and had problems with it not operating. I sought help on the zroadster forums and as is usual, there were lots of useful comments and links to previous...
Read more about this article...

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster
Great writeup Jonco this will help out many zed owners new and old so many thanks for taking the time to do this.

Brian H

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
E36/7 3.0i - E85 Z4///M
Good job Jonco :)

stek011

Model of Z
followed the instructions and it worked but then stopped working and the alarm goes off on every entry to the car and the console red light is flashing. I have tried to reset but with no avail. any ideas? I have changed the batteries in both fobs but still nothing.

jonco

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
'98 1.9 Auto
followed the instructions and it worked but then stopped working and the alarm goes off on every entry to the car and the console red light is flashing. I have tried to reset but with no avail. any ideas? I have changed the batteries in both fobs but still nothing.
Hi sorry to hear you had a problem. Can you clarify at what stage it stopped working again - immediately or after a number of operations? Are they new or old fobs? Is the red light flashing all the time?

stek011

Model of Z
Hi sorry to hear you had a problem. Can you clarify at what stage it stopped working again - immediately or after a number of operations? Are they new or old fobs? Is the red light flashing all the time?
Hi jonco the remote worked once when i switched the module to learn then nothing the siren went off and the tell tale light was on flashing at a regular pattern.i disconnected the battery to see if it would reset but it didnt.siren is now switched off but indicators flash on entry to car. And that where im upto. Need help.

jonco

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
'98 1.9 Auto
Difficult one to diagnose remotely (no pun intended) but the flashing light and alarms on entry suggest it's stuck in permanent set mode or maybe still in `learn' position. The only thing I can suggest is that you repeat the procedure but then make sure that the slider goes fully back over to normal position. That was the only problem I had, but others have done the job and may have some different input.

stek011

Model of Z
Thanks jonco. I will try and sort it in the next couple of days. Will let you know how i get on. Steve

stek011

Model of Z
Hi Jonco, Well I eventually sorted it. It took some messing and fiddling but I had to remove the sender box from the alarm box (prise apart) then there are 8 thin pins on the module sticking up. I then reconnected the sender but left just enough room so I could touch the pins between the two units then I used a thin piece of wire with bared ends and touched each pin in sequence and eventually the alarm tripped off. I then reset it using your technique using the remotes. Cheers Steve

jonco

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
'98 1.9 Auto
Hi Jonco, Well I eventually sorted it. It took some messing and fiddling but I had to remove the sender box from the alarm box (prise apart) then there are 8 thin pins on the module sticking up. I then reconnected the sender but left just enough room so I could touch the pins between the two units then I used a thin piece of wire with bared ends and touched each pin in sequence and eventually the alarm tripped off. I then reset it using your technique using the remotes. Cheers Steve
Brave move - glad it worked. I know the pins you mean - I started to open up the box but then chickened out and left well alone!!!