• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

For Sale 3d printed trim pieces

I’ve plastic welded mine today where the screw goes into the tunnelled hole we’re both hot glued by the previous owner which did not even hold up in storage. Those would be good items pricey new for what they am.

///M console would be nice to carbon fibre over. There is someone who has the files on Facebook for sale but for left hookers.
 
Seems a simple one, Bmw radio plastic tab inserts. However someone already 3d prints these and sells on ebay for £6 a pair.
 
Seems a simple one, Bmw radio plastic tab inserts. However someone already 3d prints these and sells on ebay for £6 a pair.
Think these ones might actually come out a lot better using a resin printer, saving up for one. We will see if I can save up to buy one.

Finished up the boot ones a few days ago, got them on ebay. £8.99 for one, or £6 each for 4.
 
I've been messing around with 3d printing recently and looking at making smaller trim pieces for the Z3.

I've just finished modelling and printing a couple of the covering caps for the edge of the roof seal. part no 51718401844
They're a little bit more black than the trim, but then the trim is 20 years old! It fits perfectly on my car, and I've got some comparisons of the 3d part compared to the original.
Printed with PETG so it is UV, water and heat resistant.

View attachment 245671

I was thinking about selling for £16 with free P+P, compared to the OEM from lithuania on ebay for ~£25

I'd be happy to hear peoples thoughts and maybe ideas of other parts that could be printed.

How about those little screw covers in the flat plastic panel behind the hoops and consol, that fasten the lower edge into the into the roof well. It looks like they maybe all diferent, but then what do I know, all of mine are missing..
 
I’ve plastic welded mine today where the screw goes into the tunnelled hole we’re both hot glued by the previous owner which did not even hold up in storage. Those would be good items pricey new for what they am.

///M console would be nice to carbon fibre over. There is someone who has the files on Facebook for sale but for left hookers.

I would think that the file could be edited and flipped to make an RHD version of the file.

It would be very easy to do.
 
I have seen a few people doing M style centre console inserts to swap out. M allows buttons, gauges and heating controls etc

If done well, could see a market for these. If you could work a way of having all the M buttons and control facilities with prefacelift on board computer, you could have a truly world wide market.
 
Back
Top