Announcement 2017 Calendar image submissions

Redline

Zorg Expert (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i msport
Desperately need some strong images with cars and parts of cars as the dominant theme.
Get weaving people ;)

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
@ Sean d I think this pic is fantastic! I can picture ghost riders in the sky in the small cloud break/streak. JIM

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
We have quite a few in this style Sean, looking for some which are different to add some variety. I'll find some more examples of what we mean, but here is one from last years calendar.

Just looking at the cars in a different way!
IMG_0316.JPG

Redline

Zorg Expert (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i msport
That's a super high impact image, but, as Gaz said, we have lots of great pictorial images.
Unless you had this in RAW, the shadows are just black and lacking detail. It probably wouldn't print up well in those areas which is a real shame. Do you know how to do multi-image HDR?

Redline

Zorg Expert (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i msport
View attachment 41881
Does this have too much black, I don't use raw
It's not so much the black, it's having no details at all in the deep shadows. Just a tiny bit makes a massive difference. JPEGs compress the highlights and shadows so you can't get any details back. It becomes solid black or white. RAW files tend to have just a bit of useable information in that you can extract the additional detail.
But, if you did these shots using a tripod and 5 - 7 shot HDR they would absolutely jump out at you. POTY winners every time!

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Much more the style, will give the calendar a bit more depth with a few images like that! You don't have to see the whole car to see the beauty, and quite often close ups and certain angles are incredibly eye catching.