• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

SOLD 2.8

at that price the trader will offer £1500 id imagine knowing that he could sell it for 3k+ later in the year
I'm doing the viewing for Kris as he's unable to get up to my house. I've told the trader that is the rock bottom price and is not open to negotiation and if he does, he'll have had a wasted journey.
I know it will go for 3+ in a view months so he's getting a bargain as it is and there is plenty of margin in it for him.
 
If he waits until Spring the price of Z4s will also have gone up though. Has he actually driven a Z4 and felt the lack of quality?

Where did that come from? I moved from a Z3 to a Z4, and to be fair the Z4 is a more refined car and has more " quality" than the Z3,(the doors on the Z4 are terrible but that's down to a lack of soundproofing and can be fixed easily) I prefer the Z3 but that's not because the Z4 lacks anything or poor quality, its because it has to much going for it and has lost the driving by the seat of your pants feel to it compared to the Z3, I enjoy driving the Z4 because it feels good with no dramas with almost a point and go feel to it, but miss the Z3 because of the dramas that kept you on your toes.
 
@Simon Blythe put the price in your sale title mate
Dam shame it may go to the trader :(
 
Will do Stace xx PS thanks for sorting another friends Z4 insurance
Oh that was your mate Thanks for the referral :thumbsup:
My colleague took the call but I did the quote for him as I heard the word Zed :D
 
Hey, new to the forum and just seen this ad. Looking for a 2.8/3.0 project for my dad to take on in his retirement.
It's a little higher mileage than i'd ideally want, but if the price is right, ultimately condition matters more to us than age/mileage.

Any more pics/details?
 
Hey, new to the forum and just seen this ad. Looking for a 2.8/3.0 project for my dad to take on in his retirement.
It's a little higher mileage than i'd ideally want, but if the price is right, ultimately condition matters more to us than age/mileage.

Any more pics/details?

@Simon Blythe
 
Hey, new to the forum and just seen this ad. Looking for a 2.8/3.0 project for my dad to take on in his retirement.
It's a little higher mileage than i'd ideally want, but if the price is right, ultimately condition matters more to us than age/mileage.

Any more pics/details?
FullSizeRender.webp
IMG_3789.webp
IMG_3790.webp
IMG_3791.webp
IMG_3963.webp
IMG_3964.webp
IMG_3965.webp
IMG_3966.webp
IMG_3967.webp
IMG_3968.webp


There you go pal - current mileage is 115500 and the car needs nothing other than driving.
 
I'm close to Bromsgrove mate.

Cheers, that's handy enough for the airport.
I've shown the pics to my dad, but I think the mileage has him spooked and since he's off on holiday for a week can't commit to view anything in next few days. If the dealer turns out to be a dead end, let me know and can maybe reconsider next week when we could potentially travel to see it.
 
Cheers, that's handy enough for the airport.
I've shown the pics to my dad, but I think the mileage has him spooked and since he's off on holiday for a week can't commit to view anything in next few days. If the dealer turns out to be a dead end, let me know and can maybe reconsider next week when we could potentially travel to see it.
Of course mate no worries. As others will no doubt soon comment, 115k on a 2.8 is nothing - if he wants a sub 100k motor then he's likely to pay around 5k
 
Mines over 100k miles and runs like a watch.
 
Yeah I know the engines well. We've had a M52B28 before, and a M54B30. Both faultless for over 100k, though both were owned from new and over maintained to the highest standard. Buying used presents a different concern since the history is less known to us, and of course more miles means more wear on everything else, and greater chance of corrosion in those areas only a few might ever care.

In saying that, whatever we end with will likely get stripped and built back up with plenty of TLC, so for the right price, a straight rust free chassis and trouble free running gear is all I really care about.
 
Yeah I know the engines well. We've had a M52B28 before, and a M54B30. Both faultless for over 100k, though both were owned from new and over maintained to the highest standard. Buying used presents a different concern since the history is less known to us, and of course more miles means more wear on everything else, and greater chance of corrosion in those areas only a few might ever care.

In saying that, whatever we end with will likely get stripped and built back up with plenty of TLC, so for the right price, a straight rust free chassis and trouble free running gear is all I really care about.
That's actually a very fair comment and, as you've pointed out, buying second hand always presents a risk. I know it is a great car and for the money it's very competitive and fairly priced.
 
The mileage wouldn't put me off at all. For the age you will be looking at bearing in mind when they went out of production I don't think its too excessive and at that price you could do a lot to it.
 
Back
Top