• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

SOLD 2.8 Instrument cluster with Lockwood dials

Dino D

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Joined
Mar 28, 2014
Points
176
Location
Kent
Model of Z
2.8 Manual
IMG_0027.webp
IMG_0026.webp


IMG_3305.webp
IMG_3304.webp


This is cluster from a MK1 2.8 with the Lockwood dials with some custom finishes:
the needles have been painted red
fitted with wide angle LED bulbs
custom finish for the digits to give it better contrast as you can see in the night time pic

The idea is that you can easily swap your cluster without splitting it and sell on your cluster (or keep it if you want to revert back to standard easily in future). It was fitted my my car before I bought it as per the pics but I went for a full black interior eventually. The cluster on its own over can go for £150-200 and the dials are now £30.00 (i'm not sure this sepia shade is still available actually).

Price is £145 posted (UK).

And here is a pic of them at night:
[edit to add some features I forgot about]
EC1B1003-89A4-4786-B411-84417B280CD4.webp
 
Last edited:
What mileage is showing and is there anyway of adjusting the mileage to that showing on the existing vehicle?
 
What mileage is showing and is there anyway of adjusting the mileage to that showing on the existing vehicle?
I believe that you can swap out that module for the mileage so you keep your existing one - I do not know what mileage this shows, it was a few years ago that it was explained to me but i've since forgotten exactly how it's done. That is how it was fitted to my car - the mileage was never changed just the unit swapped between clusters.
 
I love these, but the GF will kill me if I spend any more money on the zed hah

GLWS!
 
If you swap them do you not get a tamper dot in the display i know its how the clicks show issue could be coded i suppose ?
 
@Antm72 I had to swap the clocks in my Z3 as I had an issue with the indicator not making the clicking sound when activated. I swapped the clock to verify the issue with one that has 120000 miles and didn't get a tamper dot when I put the original back in. At the moment I'm using the clock with 120000 miles on and I have yet to get it reprogrammed, place up north reprograms these clocks for £30, Quarry Motors is the name I believe.
 
Its a straight swap. Done this many times. You don't actually open the mileage unit, you just move it to another case. I've done it recently on gunters car.
 
Back
Top