1st time using a clay bar

Davester2.2sport

Zorg Addict
Supporter
#ZedShed
Hi all... So I finally used a clay bar for the first time today.. cleaned the car etc used the clay bar then polished it.. could not believe what came off the paint work even after it was cleaned.. results below but pictures don't really do it justice

Attachments

Brian4

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3 3.0i Auto
Yes amazing how much dirt is hidden in the paint. A coat of wax will preserve the finish for a while longer as well

Craig Machin

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
I too used a clay bar for the first time a few weeks ago. I did the Z3 and the X3 I was amazed at the results, can’t believe I haven’t used one before

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
The best part is how easily the polish comes of when buffing.

Tony.

DaveP

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2 Kobra rebody (see pic)
I thought a clay bar was where you went to get a ‘bit mucky’

Dave

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I really should try this on the Oil burner mate.;)

Tony.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I have quite a lot of time Dave, it's her Ladyship who cannot find the time to allow me to spend on the car, ....................... honest!

Tony.

Oddly Godly

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
z3 2.8
Snap, I will have to give the clay bar a try. I clean and wax mine but always feel some of the other colours show off the polishing better. Its interesting you have found it has made such a difference. Out of interest how long did it take to go over it with the clay bar?
IMG_20190712_072837.jpg

Davester2.2sport

Zorg Addict
Supporter
#ZedShed
Hi.. I reckon it took me a couple of hours in total to do the car... I basically done one panel at a time and worked my way around the car.. you can instantly feel the paint work get smoother .. I was a bit apprehensive at first as I'd never done it before but I soon got the hang of it.. I used the autoglym claye polishing kit as I've always used their products although there are other kits on the market

Dave

Oddly Godly

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
z3 2.8
Thanks I will give it a go, I enjoy waxing the car as I find it strangely relaxing so I am looking forward to giving it a try.

Andy.

billz

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0si Individual Ruby Black Last one produced in this colour combo
Its like giving the paint work a deep clean. I always clay bar our zed when i feel the paint work getting a bit rough. When finished it is like running the back of your hand over a mirror its that smooth. I also use a quality wax not the s*** out of bottles that is not really a wax.

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 2.0 20i M Sport sDrive
:scorecard: Your Z looks lovely and clean, Alan clayed my Z on Wednesday night, it came up lovely and clean and very smooth it was like looking in a mirror, first time were used it too , and yes I know what you mean by photos not doing it justice :p

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Hi.. I reckon it took me a couple of hours in total to do the car... I basically done one panel at a time and worked my way around the car.. you can instantly feel the paint work get smoother .. I was a bit apprehensive at first as I'd never done it before but I soon got the hang of it.. I used the autoglym claye polishing kit as I've always used their products although there are other kits on the market

Dave
@andyglym is this your long lost brother. . . . . . . . Daveglym ??;)

Tony.

TaffDaddy

Zorg Guru (III)
I clay mine at the start of the spring to get the winter muck off as lives outdoors. Not overly difficult and very sayisfying. I tend to walk around the car touching every panel as they're sooooo smooooth =))