Community Admin
Model of Z
Z3
Don't forget ...... NO FORM NO PARADE LAP, Form is on page 6 of this thread

Gilbem100

British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Coupe
I would love to see The Brand New Heavies on Saturday night, they are last act on at 9:45pm I think. Getting a taxi to find us after 11pm in the crowd leaving the circuit could be challenging. Then how do we get back the following day? I know what the bands like will listen on YouTube!
To get back Sunday the options are
Bus 88 from Northampton bus station (approx 1hr)
Taxi - prob about £25

Robtp10

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
E85 3.0
Anybody at the Premier Inn yet? Just arrived and had a quick look around Northampton. In the batr now

petecossie

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3 M Coupe
The roadworks after Watford Gap Services (I dropped in there to stretch my legs and make a couple of phone calls) proved to be horrendous, took me over an hour to cover last 10miles to JCT15. Outside lane of 4 eventually merges into the third lane. I took advantage of big gaps in front of the artics to safely switch lanes. So if you are travelling from the North allow extra time.

The traffic going North from JCT 15 looks to be just as bad so I may look for alternative route back to Teesside.

Steve61

Zorg Addict
Supporter
Model of Z
Z3 2.0
You’ve made me think about my journey, I’m coming up tomorrow morning.

I see that we have to be parked up before 10.00am, but I guess there will be plenty of traffic congestion around Silverstone.

I’m coming up from Reading and Google tells me it is 60 miles and will take 1hr 20mins.

If you’ve been to this event before, how much extra time do I need to allow for when I hit the traffic and queues to get in?

Gilbem100

British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Coupe
The Classic is a difficult one as it busy and big but does not get the same road closures and management that the F1 gets.

My advice is allow 30mins from A43 Silverstone cct junction to get to the z3 stand
If your traffic app suggests the A43 is backing up consider using the Abthorpe Rd or old Silverstone road (A413) from Towcester onwards.

If coming from M40 consider village hoping through Stowe.

BeemerBoyo

Zorg Addict
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 (E37 facelift) 2.2 Sport Roadster
Anyone at premierinn Northampton going to set off from multi storey car park about 8am. Having breakfast 07:30. Mike

BeemerBoyo

Zorg Addict
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 (E37 facelift) 2.2 Sport Roadster
Damn shame about the weather, going to be a soggy one I think. Bring your chest waders!

koolflyer

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster & Z4 3.0 M Sport E89
T'was a tad wet but still an enjoyable day out. Just like to say thanks to Stacey and co for doing a rather damp day of marshalling our cars, much appreciated :thumbsup:
Pete
Koolflyer

MartinZ3

British Zeds
Model of Z
Z 3 2.8 roadster
Thats an understatement cats and dogs was more like it .Would also like to say thanks to Stacey and co for doing a great job all weekend all though i did end up under the trees on more than one occasion

Geoff Crispin

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 1.9 & 3.0
No but watching it now. I did not think that it was being broadcast till 15th ?