• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

SOLD 1999 Z3 2.8 Boston Green

MarkLG1973

Zorg Addict
Joined
Aug 28, 2021
Points
53
Model of Z
1999 Z3 2.8
Purchased off another member nearly 3 years ago. Solid little car, which has a pretty thorough overhaul since I've owned it:

- Front struts, bushes, trackrods
- Rear shocks, springs
- New discs and pads all-round, calibers stripped and refurbished. Rubber hoses replaced
- Plugs, filters, cam cover gasket, gearbox and diff oil changed
- Rear tyres approx 2000 miles ago
- Just had a service and fresh MOT

Approx 82k miles. I'll get some upto date pics uploaded over the weekend, but some history here:

https://zroadster.org/threads/ships-log-t515-bjb.38683/page-3

Drives great - did the Scotland coast NC500 route last summer.

I've thoroughly enjoyed blatting round the Peak District in it, but time for a change.....

Looking for £4,500. Location North Sheffield (Penistone area)
 
Putting this on hold for a couple of weeks - lent it to my Dad to see how he gets on with it.
If he decides it isn't for him I'll get a batch of photos uploaded.
 
This is a very good value Z considering the work you’ve done to it. Also, the fact that @RickyBobby held onto it for so long before selling to you must mean it’s a good one🙂. Hopefully your Dad agrees.
 
Yes I have very fond memories of that car and you don't see many Boston Green cars with a black interior - most have the beige interior.

Here are a few of my favourite photo's 👍

IMG_20201109_105208.webp
IMG_20201102_130415.webp
IMG_20201102_130320.webp
IMG_20210330_103204.webp
IMG_20210330_103250.webp
 
...and you can guarantee the aerial grommet is a proper new BMW one !
Seriously that's really nice with the black interior
 
If I wasn't so attached to my existing car, I would be very interested; best colour and good spec - cruise and heated seats could be easily added. GLWTS. :)
 
It looks an absolute steal at £4500 compared to a 3.0 with similar mileage at nearly £10k. Z3 prices seem to be all over the place.

There's some very optimistic asking prices out there.
If you look at the sold prices on eBay, Car and Classic, etc other than a few exceptional condition low mileage cars buyers aren't paying that sort of money for them.
It'll be interesting to see what mine gets upto, but I'd rather get it moved on than hold out indefinitely for an asking price that may never come....
 
There's some very optimistic asking prices out there.
If you look at the sold prices on eBay, Car and Classic, etc other than a few exceptional condition low mileage cars buyers aren't paying that sort of money for them.
It'll be interesting to see what mine gets upto, but I'd rather get it moved on than hold out indefinitely for an asking price that may never come....
But at at same time i saw that car on a Scottish run when Garrie ( RickyBobby) owned it its a nice zed would be a shame to give it away for a price less than its worth.
You are right hobby car sales are slow at the moment bar specific stand out cars.
Stephen.
 
Getting the same way for the Z4 E85. When I was looking for a replacement having sold my E85 all the desirable E85 s in very good condition with below 85k miles were priced in E89 territory. There's an absolutely pristine rare colour (I've had a good look at it) 2.5 E85 with 47k miles on fbook, £7500 which would buy a nice E89.
 
Back
Top