1998 Z3 1.9L

TrishaG

I have a green Roadster Convertible that has 86,000 miles. I love it, but I am not driving as much as I thought I would. I never dreamed the local mechanics where I live in Northern Alabama would charge so much for a tune-up. They told me $700 to replace spark plugs, wires and fuel filter. I am not sure I want to keep it. Would now be a good time to sell considering the way prices have gone up for used cars?

Attachments

Althulas

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
M Roadster
Hi and welcome from me in north Oxfordshire. I’m sure you’ve been taken for a ride just for those few jobs you have listed. There are plenty of how to guides on here and videos on YouTube. You can also ask questions here. Zeds are quite easy cars to work on with a set of basic tools. I hope it’s running sweet after what they have charged you. If you really have to use a garage it’s best to get a few quotes from competitors.

TrishaG

Thank you. I haven’t had anyone give it a tune-up yet. I live in a small town and we have only one shop that works on imports. I did research the VIN and found it was made here in the USA. I am planning on calling a few more mechanics around here. I viewed a YouTube video and it doesn’t look that hard to change spark plugs. I know from experience that some guys take advantage of women and will overcharge them. Have a good day!

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Hi Trisha, all Z3 were made at Spartanburg in Carolina. There are quite a few members here in the USA so I'm sure someone would help you out with repairs. It's what we do in the UK. Welcome from me in Kissimmee, Fl. but only till next week.

Tony.

Keet

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i M Sport
Hello and welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Hi Trisha and :welcome: from me too, across the pond in Stafford, England.

TrishaG

Welcome from Alloa Scotland
Hi, I have a Scottish ancestor who came to the USA way back in 1700's. His last name was Waldrop. Other spellings were Waldrope or Waldroup. This would have been a relative on my paternal grandmother's side. Nice to hear from you!

Mr H

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 Roadster 3.0i
:welcome: I'm sure you will fins someone to help ...........