• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

For Sale 1.9 Zed, for project or parts.

Put a 2.8 in it :D
Did look into that briefly, but it looked like sourcing the engine and up-rated cooling from the 1.9 and implementing it would cost almost as much as buying a medium mileage 2.8. unless you know anyone who wants an engine gone?
 
Given what you said I don’t blame you for wanting it gone. Let someone else sort it and hope it’s not broken.
Possibly. I am way to emotionally invested in the wee bugger, but by the same token, i'd rather she were driven than rot in a car park until i ca get her running. Nowhere to SORN her, and MOT is due in April, which I won't get with a blown HG.
 
Possibly. I am way to emotionally invested in the wee b*****, but by the same token, i'd rather she were driven than rot in a car park until i ca get her running. Nowhere to SORN her, and MOT is due in April, which I won't get with a blown HG.
Had it been a 2.8 or bigger it maybe be a different story but I don't blame you for cutting your losses, whats the mileage
 
Had it been a 2.8 or bigger it maybe be a different story but I don't blame you for cutting your losses, whats the mileage
72k, which is less than I'd expect for those engines. and it's a real shame, as the rest of the chassis is in just superb nik. If I had the resources to drop a more modern 6 pot in there or perhaps a Japanese four pot, I think I would, but i's just not a great value proposition for me at the moment.
 
Did it struggle with the emission test last year?

Tony.
 
Too nice a Z to be parted. Was in a similar spot myself 6 months ago. Amazing forum this, and i hope its another tale of getting a poorly Z back on the road.
 
She is lovely, but I just need the space to do the work if I were to keep her.
I feel your pain i have room for 2 cars at home and currently have my daily 1 series my Z4 fun car and my poorly Z3 currently a garden ornament many thoughts have passed but at the end of the day i can not strip my Z3 if i spend more to pass it on thats what i will do i have had the Z3 6 years now so deducting the pleasure i have had the car owes me nothing so will go that extra mile. Don't think yours is that poorly to be terminal just think what could be possible to keep it?
 
It was my intention to put it back on the road but wintermute advised me he had a family member interested in it first so I left it at that.
 
Last edited:
Find a local indie to whip the head off, check for warp, skim if needed and rebuild with new head gasket. I would have thought well under 1k and a nice motor like that will easily sell for more than twice that or you are back driving it in a matter of days.
 
Back
Top