Motor bikes anyone?

petecossie

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3 M Coupe
Just watched the latest episode of Motor Bike Show, really is a great program. The format of a bit of touring on interesting bikes on great roads, rebuilding bikes, testing classic bikes etc is brilliantly done. Also seeing Alan Millyard's projects in his garage workshop are truly amazing building that 6cylinder Kawasaki engine, the Viper V10 engined bike and then even doing the simple brass handlebar grips on his old lathe, what a guy.
Pity there isn't a similar format car show.

Paul Rice

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z4 2.5
The weird thing, Jacquie likes and watches this and she has less interest in bikes than cars.
Shows with a good format and presenter doesn't matter what the subject is.

Oldmsct

Zorg Addict
American Zeds
Model of Z
3.0I
It's a 1995 500, I also have on the road, a Benelli 500 LS, and a 1965 Velosolex, but I don't have any pics of these at the moment
I've owned and ridden many motor cycles in my day. I once owned a Yamaha shop in the '70s. There's a '72 RD 350 on the BaT auction that looks like the one's I once sold. Great little bikes in their day.

johnc46

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z3 1.9 M44
Well not quite motorbikes but trying to stop one of these from 15mph is incredible
Grey 1961 NSU quickly.
Green 1957 totally original Quickly
Blue 1962 Mobylette AV76 as bought, almost finished now.
I must stop buying things.

Sorry about the multiple posts I will get better I hope.:mad::mad:
How do I delete my mistakes, I normally use an angle grinder.

Attachments

Last edited:

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Thought it was a "Quickly", my mate Dave Bugg had one when we were kids, meanwhile I had a Raleigh Runabout. Which very soon got changed to "Pushabout".:mad:

Tony.

colb

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 M43 1.8 (1999) and Z4 E85 2.5 (2003)
Here is my ride, trouble is it hasn't been out this year apart from a quick run out before the lockdowns will be sorned at the end of this month

Attachments

Lazzzydog

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
I have been looking for a "chicken chaser" to tinker with over the winter if you know of any for sale.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
What's the going rate for one of them these days John?

Tony.

johnc46

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z3 1.9 M44
I paid £900 for the green one (probably a little to much) as it's so original and would never restore it, perfect for me as it is.

the Nefyn cat

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
Actually in Nefyn. My, that took a while.
Model of Z
2.2i Sport
Yep, still got to finish painting the engine. And make a start on the wiring. But it's getting there, ready for spring next year. Maybe.
WP_20201206_001[1].jpg

Shaft-drive, V-twin, and single-sided swing-arm, all firsts for me.:thumbsup:
WP_20201206_002[1].jpg

Topazblue bodywork, black wheels, and yellow calipers. Now, where did I get that idea from, I wonder?:whistle:

Bobbybiscuit

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 1.9 E36 M43 4 cylinder 118 HP 197 km/h 2001 - 2003
Just noticed your address and our very good friends have only just moved to Dawlish to open a chip shop Frank and Patsy. We’ve had a lot of fun over the years with bikes and cars . I can guarantee some great chips if you call by with them,it probably wasn’t the best year to start a new business but they seem to be enjoying it .please mention my name if you call but don’t mention pukka pies lol.
I live in plymouth so not that far away from dawlish. I also have a Honda shadow vt750 apart from my z3.

Medskipper

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3M & Z3 1.9.
Yes I’ve really enjoyed this show! Often seen Henry at the bike show in London.
I’m still riding I have a Honda ST1300. Love it but try not to ride in s*** weather these days! 😀

2bmws

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z3
My bike above doesn't get used enough done about 200 miles on it this year because of lockdown and buying the z3