• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

For Sale Estoril Blue 1999 M Coupe - extensively restored £37500

Zorg Legend
Model of Z
M Coupe 3.2 S50
I have owned this M Coupe for over 4 years with one of the previous long term owners being the previous admin of the UK M Coupe Owners club. During my time I have spent close to £25k on this car ensuring it has had a thorough overhaul and is ready for another 25+ years service.

The file of paperwork spans two folders and in the last 4 years it has undergone:
  • Full underbody/suspension overhaul by the ZedShed team including new dampers, bushes etc and serviced the diff & gearbox
  • Munich Legends suppplied, prep'd & installed a refreshed engine plus they have overhauled the AC system, fitted a braided clutch hose
  • A panel off full body restoration has been completed by Sandydown bodyworks which included new sill covers, new boot chromework, and waxyoiling behind all the bodywork
  • Paint protection film has been added to the bonnet, front bumper & front sections of the rear arches to protect this paintwork
  • Wheels fully refurbed in genuine BMW spec shadow chrome finish
Prior to my ownership the car had already had the popular H&R antiroll bars fitted to tame the M-Coupe's reputation for tail-happy handling, and had also had the boot floot reinforced to mitigate these car's tendencies to pop the welds there.

The factory spec of this car was the highest level available and as far as I can see includes every option including
  • Electric sunroof
  • Harman Kardon audio
  • CD / radio - BMW Business
  • Cruise control
  • Headlamp washers
Additionally I have made some "OEM+" modifications which include:
  • AC Schnitzer/Hamann areo
  • Remus exhaust (same as AC Schnitzer just different tailpipes)
  • Fully road-legal Xenon headlamp conversion (proper replacement lamp unit kit not just the retro-fit bulb upgrade that most do)
  • Bluetooth upgrade for factory radio - allows streaming
  • Wireless charging phone holder
  • Genuine BMW accessory armrest with built in cup holder
  • Retrimmed flat bottom steering wheel adorned in leather & alcantara
  • Also comes with correct Thule roof bars & genuine M floor & boot mats
I use this car only for high days & dry days but also take on the "Z" club trips to Scotland - just back from the latest one and the car didn't miss a beat the entire trip.
The car has MOT until April 2025. So much more that I cannot list everything here. Priced to at a level which reflects the work that has gone into this car, but nowhere near like what it owes me. It is still in use so mileage may increase slightly.

Please take a look at my journal on the M Coupe Owners Club for a full overview of the work done and many more photos:
Estoril S50 Journal - Z3MCoupe.com Forums
IMG_8296.jpg

IMG_8290.jpg

Jam03

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.2i
You’ve certainly done all the hard work on this car. Hopefully it will go to a good home!

bear2020

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 3.0 & Z4 2.5
Lovely looking car - for me thats the best colour and GLWTS

Zephyr

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
Wow. If it had the steering wheel on the other side I would aleeady be swimming the channel.
Drooooool

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
Having had 2 Ms go through ZedShed HQ myself plus all the other items done I would say that's got to be one of the best Coupes on offer.

GLWTS