Status
Not open for further replies.

Redline

Zorg Expert (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i msport
Hi everyone.

A little later than last year, but, now is the time to get your entries in for the 2019 Zorg Calendar. Deadline for entries is Sunday 14th October. Sadly, we won't be able to accept any submissions after that time.

This year we're hoping to link to and support a charity associated with some of the members. Details have yet to be agreed, but we hope to get that in place in the next few days. I will send out the information as soon as we can. This is hopefully a motivation to get your images uploaded for consideration so that we as a group can help some less fortunate than ourselves. Lets make this years calendar another great one!

As in previous years we have asked you to supply your own images for consideration, but also where you see a cracking good image posted then link to it in this thread. That way we get to see the images that you guys love, and takes some of the pressure off us in choosing them. Your help here is very much appreciated.

A link to the gallery and a second link to upload your images appears at the bottom of this message.

Here are the things that we will consider in our selections and how the whole process works.

• Content - Images have to visually interesting with your Zed as the centre of attention and/or high impact. The calendar is to show off our cars or events that we have enjoyed throughout the year. The images you upload will be used for selection based on the image impact, composition etc.
  • Image Quality - The calendar is printed using high quality print materials at a large image size. Consequently, the chosen images have to be of a reasonably high resolution and good quality to withstand enlargement to that size. An absolute minimum of 6Mpixels is required but larger is preferred. 12Mpixel and beyond is ideal. Images from a camera rather than a smart phone will always win out on quality. Sadly, many images from phones simply cannot be reproduced at the full print size. Size really does matter. Please do submit your images, but do not be upset if we're unable to use them when we later look at the file from a technical perspective.
  • Original image files - Please note - uploading images automatically compresses the image size, so, the uploads will themselves be unsuitable for the final print run. We will request the original image files or high quality processed images for submission to the printer. Please ensure you retain a copy of the original file. Without that file we will be unable to use your photograph no matter how good it is. RAW image files have greater detail compared to JPEG files so are more suitable for editing and processing.
  • Editing - We reserve the right to perform minor editing, cropping, colour adjustments and sharpening of your image to remove minor blemishes and distractions. By entering your photos you agree to any cosmetic editing to create a final high quality image.
  • Deadline - The deadline for image submissions is Sunday 14th October. This is to allow selection for a shortlist, get the original files and allow any additional processing in time to get the calendar collated and printed in time to allow ordering and postage out before Christmas.
  • Number of images - The target is to have just one image from any one member to spread the joy of seeing your picture up on the wall (if only for a month). Please however submit as many images as you wish to be considered for selection. We will choose only one of yours. Clearly there are a limited number of months - we will simply be unable to select every image. To produce a high quality calendar we have to be very critical and selective. Just because we don't use your image is no reflection on your photograph. Please don't be upset.
  • Media Gallery - We have already seen many outstanding images throughout the year too. We may be asking directly for some of those images to be used. We will be browsing the media gallery for possible and suitable images. Please do not assume that we will see all the images uploaded this year. Submit your images to ensure the best possible chance of use.
  • Final Selection Process - Following the submission deadline, we will draw up a shortlist of potential images and notify you if yours is amongst those chosen. You will then be asked for a copy of the original image or a high quality edited file. Final images for each month and the calendar front page will be selected after inspection of your original digital files. Images may be discounted at this stage due to quality considerations. If you are unable to provide the original file within a few days we may be unable to include your photograph no matter how good it is.

The legal bit - By submitting your image you agree to these rules and usage and allow ZRoadster.org the rights to use the image for the calendar and promotional use for the calendar. No reproduction/usage payments can be made.

Here's are the links!

To view the 2019 Calendar entries gallery :- https://zroadster.org/media/categories/2019-calender-submissions.66/

2019 Calendar image uploader :- https://zroadster.org/media/add?category_id=66

All the best.

Ian

Redline

Zorg Expert (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i msport
Bump!

A gentle reminder folks. Please keep your images coming :thumbsup:

Thanks.
Ian

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 Individual Dakar / Orinoco Individual
Mine coming soon just waiting till after Scottish run next week to see if any to add.

Redline

Zorg Expert (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i msport

Redline

Zorg Expert (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i msport
Ok then might stick a couple on later just to get the ball rolling :):)
Only joking :thumbsup:
Am sure we’ll have some crackers from Sunday :)

Redline

Zorg Expert (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i msport
Bump.

We are way down on entries compared to last year. As in previous years, I want to have photos from as many members as possible. We need more images from anyone who hasn’t yet uploaded theirs yet. :thumbsup:

In addition to uploads, links to great car images that have been posted throughout the year will be most welcome.

Thanks
Ian

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
Thrown few more in Ian. I'm sure you'll find them up to my usual standard =))

Status
Not open for further replies.