Z4 E85 3D Printed Parts I'm Designing...

IAmOrion

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
2003 Z4 E85 3.0i
Going to start off quick and say that I have a 3D Printer and have been designing a Stereo Fascia for a Double Din install in my Z4. I will get to that later ;)

I intend on eventually sharing my files for all so those with 3D Printers can print off theirselves.

This was requested on another Z4 forum which I put together quickly: Center Console Screw Cap / Covers

Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 23.13.45.png

Download on thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2418998

If anyone modifies the design PLEASE submit it to thingiverse as a REMIX of mine.

Coming up, I also have a Dash Tray / odds and sods tray to replace the sat nav screen (I removed mine as it's redundant and wanted a tray in it's place)

Screen Shot 2017-07-05 at 18.53.38.png

As well as my Double Din Fascia

Screen Shot 2017-07-05 at 18.54.26.png

IAmOrion

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
2003 Z4 E85 3.0i
I look forward to seeing the finished article
I'm actually selling off redundant bits of my Z4 (eg, old wheels, sat nav screen , dvd drive etc etc) to fund a new printer :D I already have 3 but I really would like to get the new Creality CR-10 because it has a 300mm x 300mm x 400mm build area, which would mean the fascia and the tray for example could be printed as one piece instead of how I currently have to do it which is in 2 halves :thumbsup:

IAmOrion

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
2003 Z4 E85 3.0i
It's in work so I'll have to write it down. It's huge, takes up half a room.
Oooooh, I'm jealous now then as I'm sure that could easily print the tray and fascia off in one piece!! Very nice!!

Low Rider

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
I'm actually selling off redundant bits of my Z4 (eg, old wheels, sat nav screen , dvd drive etc etc) to fund a new printer :D I already have 3 but I really would like to get the new Creality CR-10 because it has a 300mm x 300mm x 400mm build area, which would mean the fascia and the tray for example could be printed as one piece instead of how I currently have to do it which is in 2 halves :thumbsup:
Yes I did notice your items for sale good luck and let's hope you can purchase your new printer

Belljul

HI. Is there any chance you could print the plastic clips that good the roof yay in the boot for the Z4? So you have this part already in your files? There are loads of people who need these parts provided. Not sure how you go about creating the file.. So you scan in it or have to draw from scratch?? I think you could make done £/$ doing this!!!

IAmOrion

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
2003 Z4 E85 3.0i
I’m not sure what part you mean?? Can you attach a photo please even if take a photo from google. Better still a part number would be good

Belljul

Hi. Thanks for the quick reply. Turns out someone has already done this.... But it's in German.... If you could get the plans I'm sure people will buy them from you!!!

Here's the German 3d chat...

And here's the broken part...
And here's the BMW parts list.

Note that the clip seems to come as part of the whole tray part #1 on the diagram

Belljul

Sorry.. that's not the German 3d chat. I'll try to find it as it's a critical part of this chat!

Belljul

Ok... Here it is... As I say, I don't speak German but looks like some guy has designed and printed it. If you'reable to get the design and sell the spare part you will have a lot of happy Z4 e89 owners!!!

IAmOrion

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
2003 Z4 E85 3.0i
No link to the 3D printed German chat. But I’ll investigate the other links tonight when on computer :thumbsup:

Belljul

Thanks... That would be amazing. I've asked the German chap to share his files. Iill pass them on to you (with his permission)...

HJBondar

Going to start off quick and say that I have a 3D Printer and have been designing a Stereo Fascia for a Double Din install in my Z4. I will get to that later ;)

I intend on eventually sharing my files for all so those with 3D Printers can print off theirselves.

This was requested on another Z4 forum which I put together quickly: Center Console Screw Cap / Covers

View attachment 59930

Download on thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2418998

If anyone modifies the design PLEASE submit it to thingiverse as a REMIX of mine.

Coming up, I also have a Dash Tray / odds and sods tray to replace the sat nav screen (I removed mine as it's redundant and wanted a tray in it's place)

View attachment 59933

As well as my Double Din Fascia

View attachment 59932
Have you completed the double din?