Z3M - Rear Trailing Arms + Rear Axle Carrier

AdamHutch

Hi!

Unfortunately I’ve had a bit of knock in my Z3M Roadster. Only had it since October, so not had to have any work done, until now! Mechanic has told me it needs both trailing arms replacing and also the rear axle carrier. The carrier can be bought direct from BMW, but I’m struggling with the trailing arms. The only ones I can find are £2k + each.

Does anyone know of any that are currently for sale, or what other options I have???

Cheers
Adam

petecossie

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3 M Coupe
I think you'll struggle to find any trailing arms for an Z3M, you'll really have to search for them and have to wait a while till some come up. Unfortunately this when a MR or MC is written off. According to the lads on M Coupe Forum which I'm on aswell as this site, they are NLA from BMW at the moment. Someone was even thinking of importing some second hand units from the States. I'll look up the thread if I can find it.
Good luck with your search.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Hi!

Unfortunately I’ve had a bit of knock in my Z3M Roadster. Only had it since October, so not had to have any work done, until now! Mechanic has told me it needs both trailing arms replacing and also the rear axle carrier. The carrier can be bought direct from BMW, but I’m struggling with the trailing arms. The only ones I can find are £2k + each.

Does anyone know of any that are currently for sale, or what other options I have???

Cheers
Adam
Why are they saying that your rear arms need replacing? Not a lot of people know that you can repair corrosion on these arms Adam. Are you in the UK?

Tony.

petecossie

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3 M Coupe
Just looked on BMW Catalogue site and they do have the trailing arms listed now at an eyewatering £ 1,863.62 each. The rear axle carrier is listed as costing £ 1,375.36 all prices include VAT. You'd be wanting to get some discount if they are indeed available.
I couldn't find thread on trying to locate trailing arms other than one from a couple of years back saying that they weren't available. BMW tend to wait till they get sufficient requests for out of stock items before manufacturing a batch of the item which could take months!!!

Are your trailing arms damaged/twisted or heavily corroded?