Z3 Virgin/BMW Virgin here!!!

Triang

British Zeds
Model of Z
Hello all,

I can tell this is a quality forum just by looking... and I'm looking forward to many a chinwag on here in the future.

I'll tell the tale of my recently (yesterday) Z3 in the banter forum I guess...but I am as pleased as punch with it I can tell you.

Background 58 years old, serial Benz-Buyer in the past - dim and distant youth had a Triumph Spitfire ( ok I was only 19) and later on a Austin Healey 3000 ( interested to find out the the "Big Healey" was considered a real mans sports car along with the TR6 yet my recently acquired 1.9 Z3 is about 20bhp more powerful than the Healey and just 10bhp less than the TR6.... It is no "boulevard cruiser" obviously!

Oh, live in SW London and retired

ZTec

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
Hello all,

I can tell this is a quality forum just by looking... and I'm looking forward to many a chinwag on here in the future.

I'll tell the tale of my recently (yesterday) Z3 in the banter forum I guess...but I am as pleased as punch with it I can tell you.

Background 58 years old, serial Benz-Buyer in the past - dim and distant youth had a Triumph Spitfire ( ok I was only 19) and later on a Austin Healey 3000 ( interested to find out the the "Big Healey" was considered a real mans sports car along with the TR6 yet my recently acquired 1.9 Z3 is about 20bhp more powerful than the Healey and just 10bhp less than the TR6.... It is no "boulevard cruiser" obviously!

Hi Triang and :welcome: to the forum from Llantwit Major.

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
:welcome: to the forum from West Cumbria. Nice car history :thumbsup:

Got any pics of your Zed?

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
Hello all,

Welcome from Nottingham :welcome:. Congrats on your new purchase,perfect weather at the mo to enjoy some roof down miles.

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
2.8i AUTO and 2.8i MANUAL
Hello from another 58yr old in Truro. Can't see myself retiring any time soon though. Enjoy your Zed:cool:

Brian4

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3 3.0i Auto
Hi and welcome form midlands.

I was at a car show today and there were about 10 of the big Healeys there. They do look nice and always wanted one when younger but couldn't afford and still can't. My brother used to have a 1300 mk1 spitrire and then he emigrated for about 10 years and came back and hired a vauxhall astra which was more powerful and handled better that the spitfire, how things change.

Enjoy your zed and an questions shout up and I'm sure somebody will help.

Triang

British Zeds
Model of Z
Thanks Brian!
TR6 was always on my wish but stubbornly was always that little too much for my "fun car " budget,

E-Types were impossible ages ago!

Mrs Mint

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2 sport
:welcome: from Staffordshire (although cruising through Europe at the mo) I know but someone has to do it :) Enjoy you zedding

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Hi and welcome@Triang, amazing isn't it how these older cars get so out performed. But there's a tale to have a natter about on another thread. Looking forwards to seeing your pictures. I'm up near Lincoln.

Tony.

Rha

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 coupe sport.
Hi Triang and welcome from me in Hertfordshire, glad your enjoying your Z they have been underrated by the motoring press for years :( but the truth always comes out in the end:cool:. Rha, Roy.

Eddie Zedder

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.0
Hi and :welcome:. Enjoy.