• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

SOLD Z3 M-sport wheel with Royal retrim

Dino D

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Joined
Mar 28, 2014
Points
176
Location
Kent
Model of Z
2.8 Manual
So I'm looking to replace my wheel with an after market one so putting my current wheel up for sale. It's the original M sport wheel as specced from the factory but benefits from a lovely Royal steerings retrim with thicker padding.

It has beige stitching (my seats were beige one upon a time). I was going to dye the stitching but actually quite liked it so never did. So they buyer has a choice - keep the stiching as is or dye it black (or maybe even dark blue or red).

The steering has always been cleaned with gliptone and I have to say that the leather Royals use is superior to OEM in every way from look, feel and durability. I was pleasantly suprised today when taking pics that the wheel is like new with barely a trace of use.

This wheel has the classic perforated and smooth leather mix, looks and feels great.

The retrim on its own £125 upwards.
Breakers sell worn OEM wheels like this without a retrim for £120 up to £180. Some are selling them retrimmed but without and airbag for £250 upwards!

Price:
I'm looking for £150.00 + postage.
Based in Canterbury


If you already have an MSport wheel but want a retrim this could be a 'free' upgrade if you sell yours on without the hassle of being 'wheeless' whilst waiting for yours to be trimmed.

Perfect upgrade for those with the older style wheels or even the 4 spoke sedan wheels BMW thought was ok for a Roadster!

Some pics, the light wasn't the best today but the detail shots came out well:
IMG_1293.webp
IMG_1294.webp
IMG_1295.webp
IMG_1296.webp
IMG_1301.webp
IMG_1298.webp
IMG_1303.webp
IMG_1297.webp


Here is a pic from when the car had a beige seats for anyone wondering how it will look.
Note that the leather looked almost grey when first used but a good going over with gliptone conditioner and some use let the leather settle into the proper OEM matching black shade it is now:
B2196AAD-D737-49D2-A232-EABE2590353E.webp



Please note that I still have to get the replacement wheel so it could be a week or two before I can atually take this off the car.
 
PM sent.

Thanks,
Craig
 
A good buy that
 
Just a question .
Will these type of steering wheels for a standard 1997 Zed.
Also what's involved to fit it . Will it be a garage job?
Thank you.
 
If you had your steering wheel done by Jack he will fit it for you Tracy.

Tony.
 
Just a question .
Will these type of steering wheels for a standard 1997 Zed.
Also what's involved to fit it . Will it be a garage job?
Thank you.
@Tracy Dee the chap lives round the corner from me
He has spare steering wheels so he can do a straight swap for ya :thumbsup:
 
Sorry for confusion what I meant does a M steering wheel fit a standard Zed and how hard is it to fit what does it entail fitting wise. let's say if I bought one from eBay.
Thanks.
 
Sorry for confusion what I meant does a M steering wheel fit a standard Zed and how hard is it to fit what does it entail fitting wise. let's say if I bought one from eBay.
Thanks.
Its really easy. Disconnevt battery, 2 torx on the rear to release airbag, one big nut in the middle
 
Back
Top