• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

For Sale Z3 Hard Top Titanic Silver - Pontential Sale

Alin S

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Joined
Sep 4, 2014
Points
68
Location
Wantage
Model of Z
Z3
My Z3 is going to be garaged from now on and as a consequence I was wondering if I really need the hardtop anymore. What do you guys think? Do you still have your hardtop?

Do you want one? What would be a good price? What about the fitting kit?

IMG_20170812_112203.webp
 
My advice, keep it, get a storage bag so that you can hang it up on the wall in your garage.
 
For both you should be looking at £7-800+ depending on how long you want to sit on them and wait for a buyer. The temptation will be to sell the kit separately, but either sell together or wait for the HT to go first or you may end up being stuck with the HT. Fewer fitting kits than hard tops at the moment, you'll always find it easier to sell a fitting kit!
 
Still got mine, never use it but it came from the factory with the car so it will go with the car if and when it ever gets sold, I agree with HT
( :wideyed:) ..... if you don't need the cash and have the room put it in a bag and store it.
 
I may be in the market for a hardtop but won't know until next week when the new zed arrives and I can see the condition of the roof. Mine lives outside unfortuantely and I want to give it some protection over the winter.

I've already got a fitting kit so I'm just waiting for the right priced hardtop.
 
Keep the hardtop - provides for a slighlty different look to the Zed come Winter - once sold a repurchase - paint correction and fitting is a real pain!
 
I've used my hard top for 2 of the last 4 winters. The rest of the time it's sat on my workbench in the garage.
 
I'm biased as I use my car all year and it's kept outdoors but I'd keep it. Gives the car a different look and feel I think.
Plus mine was the factory original so it's also staying with the car
 
I would sell the hard top first then offer the fitting kit to someone on here looking for One at a cheap price
 
Looking for a fitting kit have you one for sale at a cheap price lol
 
I'd have kept mine if I had a garage where I could set up a hoist/pulley to lift and store it single handed so I could easily get it on and off as desired.Looks like you have the height in there.
 
A hard top transforms a roadster into a 2 seat saloon car, very quiet. If you don't need the money it will command and you don't want someone else to have it do as Mike suggests and keep it. I t will only appreciate in value. NOW, if it was a Z4 hard top, in Sterling Grey, I'd be saying sell it :thumbsup:=))

Tony.
 
I'd have kept mine if I had a garage where I could set up a hoist/pulley to lift and store it single handed so I could easily get it on and off as desired.Looks like you have the height in there.

Mine is hung high on the wall with chains from the rafters, lifted up by a bicycle lift. Also have a cheap home made hoist so I can get it on and off the car on my own. I would keep it if you use the car in the winter, not only is it warmer and quieter in the cabin it also gives a different look to the car. And on them sunny winter days if you have a hoist it can easily come off and go back on.
 
My Zed lives in the garage, but I do like the way the hard top transforms the look of the car when fitted.
 
Thank you for your replies. I was thinking to sell and finance some other things which need doing on the car: like suspension overhaul, 17 inch staggered wheels (would love some styling 18s) , new sill covers ...

I might keep it unless I get some good offers. even though I don't plan to use the car in the winter unless I can take the top down.
 
Back
Top