• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

For Sale Z3 2.8 1999 Facelift .37,600 miles.

Z Victor 1

Formerly "Ontiken1"
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
E 89 Z4 S drive 23i
SALE ENDED. I have put my Z3 2.8 Topaz Blue on ebay. It's the only one with that mileage, so easy to find.All the essential information and photos are there if anyone is interested.Many of you will know the car and it's condition.
I'm near Derby on 01773 294796 or 07775071409. PRICE LOWERED- £5999. Sensible offers considered.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Z3-2-8-1999-Facelift-Model-/111954196442

upload_2016-4-2_9-42-53.png

Last edited:

Tfp

Zorg Legend
Supporter
Spotted that on eBay.

Very nice looking car.

Tfp

Zorg Legend
Supporter
I've just read your advert wording.

Take off the bit about the £100 non refundable deposit, it'll put people off.

Look at it from the buyers point of view.

They make you an offer via eBay, then it'll cost them £100 to come and view your car.

So they'll be thinking, I've lost £100 if it's not as described.

Your car looks lovely so I'm sure it'll sell it's self.

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
I have put my Z3 2.8 Topaz Blue on ebay. It's the only one with that mileage, so easy to find.All the essential information and photos are there if anyone is interested.Many of you will know the car and it's condition.
I'm near Derby on 01773 294796 or 07775071409. £6,495. Sensible offers considered.
There is one at a garage near here pretty much the same with 41,000 miles at £7,595.

Do not fret dear Zedders I do not intend to be Zedless,just that a change may be sensible for the reason given.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Z3-2-8-1999-Facelift-Model-/111954196442

View attachment 29392
Why do you want to let it go Ken? It'll last forever and is a lovely car.

Z Victor 1

Formerly "Ontiken1"
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
E 89 Z4 S drive 23i
Don't really want to sell it,but we plan to change our daily driver and get an automatic.That being the case I'm not happy swapping from auto to manual and back all the time.I'm old and easily confused !!! So I would then be looking for a Z3 automatic.
I will only sell it anyway if I get a good offer. I love it. My wife says she comes second after the car,but I have to remind her that Jasper the cat comes second.:happy:

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
That's a shame you're selling Ken,such a great zed with such low miles and a very good price. Someone is going to get a bargain.
Why are such cars not available when I'm looking to buy :rolleyes:.
Good luck with the sale and I hope you find a replacement auto very soon.......@t-tony's perhaps ?

Steve

DavidM

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
The car looks very well and the low mileage makes it an attractive purchase for some lucky person!:)

Z Victor 1

Formerly "Ontiken1"
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
E 89 Z4 S drive 23i
Changed the Ad as you suggested Tfp, it was a little confusing. Nobody needed to leave a deposit on paypal,but in the past I have had experience of losing a serious buyer because someone else put down a deposit saying they would buy then changed their mind.
I would much prefer someone to come and see the car and negotiate personally.

BMBabe

Zorg Expert (I)
Staff member
Supporter
British Zeds
Community Admin
Model of Z
Z3
Oh yeah @t-tony has your replacement waiting for you :thumbsup:
Don't want to see you go zedless that's just pure torture :nailbiting:

Z Victor 1

Formerly "Ontiken1"
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
E 89 Z4 S drive 23i
Don't worry Stacey. A Zedless future is too terrible to contemplate.
Thanks for all the kind comments about the car folks.Much appreciated.
Ken.

BMBabe

Zorg Expert (I)
Staff member
Supporter
British Zeds
Community Admin
Model of Z
Z3
Don't worry Stacey. A Zedless future is too terrible to contemplate.
Thanks for all the kind comments about the car folks.Much appreciated.
Ken.
Good I am pleased to hear you won't be!! Have I sat in your Zed yet??

Tfp

Zorg Legend
Supporter
Changed the Ad as you suggested Tfp, it was a little confusing. Nobody needed to leave a deposit on paypal,but in the past I have had experience of losing a serious buyer because someone else put down a deposit saying they would buy then changed their mind.
I would much prefer someone to come and see the car and negotiate personally.
It is a hassle selling cars, hence I gave it up a few years back. I now only buy for other dealers.

I found over the years that the buyers usually call, ask you a few questions, then say they're coming to see it.

Tim

Z Victor 1

Formerly "Ontiken1"
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
E 89 Z4 S drive 23i
Simon,I haven't got a horse=)) ,there's no way I'm selling my bikes and the Mrs is extremely lucky and well cared for ,after all she is married to me! Well,yes , now you come to mention it she does have a rough time.:D

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Don't really want to sell it,but we plan to change our daily driver and get an automatic.That being the case I'm not happy swapping from auto to manual and back all the time.I'm old and easily confused !!! So I would then be looking for a Z3 automatic.
I will only sell it anyway if I get a good offer. I love it. My wife says she comes second after the car,but I have to remind her that Jasper the cat comes second.:happy:
Ken, we also have an auto as our daily driver but our Zed is manual. I can honestly say I've never had a problem swapping from one to the other - and I'm 'old and easily confused' as well. Why don't you wait to see how you get on when you get your daily auto...then keep the Zed.;)

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
I drive an automatic lorry all day 5 days a week and jump straight into a manual car at the end of my shift