• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

For Sale z3 1.9 whats it worth

look595ultra

Regular Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2022
Points
24
am possibly interested in selling my daily driver
121,000 miles
mot till dec 23
had it for 3 years-cat c
its not mint but not a total dog-needs a bit of love
ideal project
crack in windscreen-passed mot last time
needs rear window
for mot will definately need 2 tyres and front strut
only code is cam position sensor
whats it worth?
 

Attachments

  • 000_3541[1].webp
    000_3541[1].webp
    104.4 KB · Views: 204
  • 000_3540[1].webp
    000_3540[1].webp
    98.7 KB · Views: 198
With the amount of work required and mot due in the near future, it’s probably £500.
Try eBay or a local auction if you want to text the market
 
Interesting question. A seemingly unmolested early ish car (1998?), in a good colour. From the info available, needs at least £500 spending on it; were there any MOT advisories last year and if so were they rectified? Has it got aircon, cruise control, heated seats, leather seats, original cat convertor, other extras?
A problem you might have is that the Cat C will always be with the car, however much is spent.
A top well maintained M44 with a 12 month MOT and no significant defects with your mileage might make £3/4K. Yours appears to be in the "breakers territory", so likely worth around the £500 mentioned above. :thumbsup:
 
Mine is a 1999 M44. MOT'd a month ago. 80k miles. Got a hardtop. Will need 2 tyres soon. No accidents.

20220620_165302.jpg


I'd value mine at around 2k. That's what I told the insurance. But if I was selling i think I'd struggle to get that. If I was buying now I wouldn't buy anything other than a 3.0
 
Interesting thread. There’s a 1.9 for sale near me that’s been dropped from £7k to £6k. Has low mileage but stood without interest all through the summer and still there, hence the £1k off. Cloth seats from memory.
 
A week ago Mathewson's auction sold a 02 1.9 8v with only 13k on the clock for 9k or something like that. I guess there is demand for 1.9's but they need to be mint.
 
I sold my Boston green 1998 1.9 for £1700 last year. That was a Cat S. It had the optional 17's, black leather and was a very nice tidy one with FSH, a new rear screen and a new MOT. But, I sold it to a mate who badgered me for it. I would have struggled otherwise.

A less than prime example - £500 ish. There are loads around at the moment as age is catching up with them and they aren't worth restoring.
 
Sold my 1.9 about 6 weeks ago it had no mot but was mechanically perfect and 76k miles every panel had paint peel got £500 on Ebay
 
Mine is a 1999 M44. MOT'd a month ago. 80k miles. Got a hardtop. Will need 2 tyres soon. No accidents.

View attachment 281735

I'd value mine at around 2k. That's what I told the insurance. But if I was selling i think I'd struggle to get that. If I was buying now I wouldn't buy anything other than a 3.0
Mine is a 1999 M44. MOT'd a month ago. 80k miles. Got a hardtop. Will need 2 tyres soon. No accidents.

View attachment 281735

I'd value mine at around 2k. That's what I told the insurance. But if I was selling i think I'd struggle to get that. If I was buying now I wouldn't buy anything other than a 3.0
that’s a lovely looking car always regretted selling my Boston green m44 .
 
that’s a lovely looking car always regretted selling my Boston green m44 .
Thank you. It is photogenic but not that good 'in the flesh'. Too many different shades of boston green. Would need a respray but, instead, I'll be chucking the green panels and replacing with tribute 507 panels (grey) next month so won't be boston green much longer.
 
Last edited:
@Duncodin Are you considering selling the hard top when you repanel? If so, might be interested. :thumbsup:
 
Back
Top