Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
Hi Everyone,

Calling all photographers.

I'm looking for some high resolution good quality images that you would allow us to use/have a small logo on to create windows 7 themes and desktop backgrounds which can be downloaded from the main site. We can watermark them with the photographer in a tasteful and unobtrusive way so credit is still retained.

Titan

British Zeds
Model of Z
sDrive35i
Good question Gill. I guess James will want high res images which could be quite large for email.
@ James - what about Dropbox?

Zent from m'iPhone on Tapatalk

Titan

British Zeds
Model of Z
sDrive35i
MIght it be an idea to specify a minimum resolution and possibly a maximum file size ?

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
If people can email them in what ever form or size they have James can select the bit he wants, and scale/resize to the correct shape.

We are building an image library for site usage, so obviously full sized pictures are great for that (assuming you give us permission to use them!)

I have plenty of room in my Yahoo mail account, so keep 'em coming. Can't guarantee we will use them of course!

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
sorry i have been slow. yes if you can mail them to gary or upload the somewhere for download that would be great. I'm looking for images that you would be happy to see on your desktop background so they need to be top notch professional looking, can be heavily photoshoped for nice effects, black and white etc. Landscape is ideal for widescreen monitors as they all seem to be these days.

Just thought it would be nice for everyone so that we can have a selection of backgrounds to choose from and i'll work on a selection of images to bundle into a windows background theme so when you need a break, you can reduce the windows down and gaze at the desktop while dreaming of the wind going through the hair ;)

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
shantybeater said:
I've got hundreds of photos. :ymbringiton: Are you after anything inparticular?

Or you can just peruse my photobucket account (with its sub-albums as well) if you like - Pass: zroadster

http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/shantybeater/
Shame the pic of the M5 from the photo shoot isn't the Zed, something like that would have been a nice one to use :)

In your new camera album there is one taken from the gravel looking at the side. That would be nice but without the audi(?) behind it and if possible without the bushes so just having the blue sky :)

There is also quite a nice shot of the interior too.

I'll get fussy with the photos as i want to try and have a professional looking background set available in the download section of the site. If you want to be super fussy you can try to get the emblems on the wheels level and the right way round, things like that :D

shantybeater

Dedicated Member
Points taken, unless someone is a photoshop genuis those are really the best i have at the mo!

I'll try taking some more thought out photos next time (although i cant see me lining up the wheel badges ! ;)) )

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
shantybeater said:
Points taken, unless someone is a photoshop genuis those are really the best i have at the mo!

I'll try taking some more thought out photos next time (although i cant see me lining up the wheel badges ! ;)) )
I'll try having a play in photoshop sometime to see if we can make some edited versions, they are super pics, just trying to get that little extra if you know what i mean ? :) The wheel hubs were just something i could think of, off the top of my head to emphasise the sort of detail :D

Titan

British Zeds
Model of Z
sDrive35i
Photo hints

Following on from what James has started, here's a few more points to consider ...

- If the roof is down, wind the windows down as well!
- the steering wheel should be straight so if you apply any lock, make it a full turn if possible
- keep your reflection / shadow out of shot
- if you've got anyone in the car, let's see them, not part of them hidden by windscreen pillars and the like
- experiment with high and low camera angles, not just ordinary eye height
- beware of rusty wheel nuts if you have lost the little plastic covers

There will be loads more no doubt - feel free to chip in and add or criticise :ymhug:

How NOT to do it - windows up :-q

ai102.photobucket.com_albums_m105_Telbar_Z3_Calendar2009_IMG_0734Medium.jpg

billz

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0si Individual Ruby Black Last one produced in this colour combo
Gaz. I have just emailed some pics.
bill