Welcome to ZRoadster.org - BMW Z1 Z4 Z8 Z3 Forum and Technical Database

If you want to join in with the discussion, and see the areas which are available only to members then sign up now!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your most surreal experience?

Discussion in 'General Banter' started by Warrior, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Warrior

Warrior Dedicated Member

Model of Z:
    3.0i sports automatic
    At the age of 16 at a time when school fitted in around exams I had an afternoon off and went to see the midweek matinee performance of Pink Floyd Live at Pompeii.

For those of you who don't know it, Floyd played in the old amphitheatre at Pompeii without an audience. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGwPSPIh ... re=related

I saw the film at an old victorian picture house and turned to see one old chap leaving, not his thing I guess. At half time the ice cream lady came out and stood at the front. I bought a choc ice and on turning round realised that I was the only one in there!

So me, in a 500 seat empty cinema watching Floyd in an empty amphitheatre remains to this day a weird and wonderful experience.

2. Jonttt

Jonttt Zorg Addict

Model of Z:
    ///M S54
    Meeting two of the lovel ladies from Desperate Scousewives at a meeting this week ;-)

I did not have chance to check my diary and just got told my meeting had turned up, imagine my surprise when I walked in the room :ymhug:

The thing was I had been out for a meal with friends the night before and we had been talking about the series and if it had been good / bad for Liverpool for quite a while.

3. wonderloaf

wonderloaf Regular Member

Model of Z:
    Z3 2.2i Sport
    A couple of summers ago our everybody in our company got called together for a company photoshoot. I was lucky enough to get to stand next to a rather attractive asian lady, she seemed familiar but couldn't quite place the face so thought it may have been someone from around the company. We passed pleasantries while we waited for the photographer to do his stuff (as you do), so when he had finished said goodbye and went our separate ways.

A couple of hours later during general conversation someone commented how lucky I was to get to stand next to and chat to Michelle Yeoh, famous for holding onto Pierce Brosnan during the motorcycle chase in Tomorrow Never Dies!

New I'd seen her somewhere before! :D

4. Warrior

Warrior Dedicated Member

Model of Z:
    3.0i sports automatic

Reminds me of a time when I worked on the local radio station and supermodel Caprice came in to do an interview. My daughters must have been about 6 and 8 at the time and they came in to meet her and get an autograph. A lad from my wifes workplace had given her a calendar and asked if I could get it signed. She flipped open the cover and the first pic from some years before was a well thumbed picture of Caprice with her backside hanging out. 'Oh, I recognise the butt she said'....... I blubbed and puffed that it wasn't for me but I bet she put in her diary...

Done radio interview, met 2 lovely girls but their father was a nonce. X( :)) :ymblushing:

5. wonderloaf

wonderloaf Regular Member

Model of Z:
    Z3 2.2i Sport
    The thing I was most impressed about Ms Yeoh that she wasn't being followed around by and fawned over by lackies, and didn't seem to be at all affected by her movie star status...respect!

6. Snoops

Snoops Zorg Addict

Model of Z:
    Meeting the Queen, she came to visit Catterick Camp and we had to demo communications, she asked me was I enjoying the course.
    Catterick Garrison smelt only of paint for at least a month before she arrived and we weren't allowed to wear our shoes in the CommCen for weeks so we didn't scuff the floor, it was like an ice rink by the time she arrived.

7. Boysie

Boysie Zorg Guru (I)
    Supporter British Zeds M Power

Model of Z:
    M Roadster S50
    On a long haul flight, approaching Heathrow
    The women in the row opposite, stood up the same time as me,
    and we did a few limbering up exercises, like you do
    i thought I know you, we were told to take our seats, so
    i never got the chance to ask her.
    Whilst getting our luggage the wife said look, thats 'Kate Adie'
    was i pleased i didnt ask her 'do i know you' /:)

8. swamper

swamper Zorg Guru (V)
    Supporter M Power

Model of Z:
    z3m
    watching a rabbit swim under water across a river.....

watching my dog chase a squirrel up a tree and get stuck on a branch 15 feet up there ....he fell off after a while :))

seeing a guy riding a mountain bike wearing full gear while smoking a pipe......

watching an Asian lady putting snow in carrier bags in the middle of a field ... why in the middle of the field?...its been snowing and its everywhere....and what was she going to do with it?

the guy who turned up at the base of Indians Head (very big steep part of a valley) wearing a full business suit and just took a 90 degree turn and headed straight up off path....i watched him for about an hour and he made the summit...

this is a pic i took of the climb

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y134_swamps_IMAG0205.jpg

iv got loads....but then again i get out all over the place

9. hard top

hard top Zorg Expert (I)
    Dutch Zeds The M44 Massive

Smoking pot............ at least that's what I think you lot have been doing.

Especially swamper....did the rabbit have flippers a mask and a snorkel?

:))

10. TWO

TWO Zorg Legend

Model of Z:
    Z Sport Roadster 2.2
    I was at a business conference at the same time as the 1984 bombing of Maggie's Conservative Party conference in Brighton , .............and no it was not me!

The next day, during the confussion, as I swung round a blind corner, I bumped into a lady who accidentally knocked my breifcase and sandwiches out of my hands. She apologised and offered to help me pick them up. As I looked at this lady.....I thought I recognise you...........yes, Kate Adie........but I never said a word other than thankyou. :ymdaydream:

I made a very special point of watching the BBC news all that night and never saw mention of the incident! :D

11. swamper

swamper Zorg Guru (V)
    Supporter M Power

Model of Z:
    z3m
    only seen it a few times over the years but they do it to escape predators...it works the dog was baffled ;)

theres also a thing that hares do thats strange and us hunting folk are very superstitious about it.....i cant think what its called at the minute but the hares all sit in a perfect circle as tho there in a meeting about 3 foot apart.....iv only seen it twice but each time iv gone straight back home..... [-x

12. Boysie

Boysie Zorg Guru (I)
    Supporter British Zeds M Power

Model of Z:
    M Roadster S50
    [quote="swamper theres also a thing that hares do thats strange and us hunting folk are very superstitious about it.....i cant think what its called at the minute but the hares all sit in a perfect circle as tho there in a meeting about 3 foot apart.....iv only seen it twice but each time iv gone straight back home..... [-x[/quote]

WHAT A STRANGE CIRCLE OF FRIENDS YOU HAVE
    A HARE RAISING EXPERIENCE EH

13. hard top

hard top Zorg Expert (I)
    Dutch Zeds The M44 Massive

Jeez swamps, are you on the Brazilian stuff?
    What ever it is, they aint got it in Amsterdam!!!!

:))

14. board

board Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator British Zeds M Power

Model of Z:
    M Roadster
    that will be the Cachaça talking then ;)

15. swamper

swamper Zorg Guru (V)
    Supporter M Power

Model of Z:
    z3m
  16. DangerousDave

DangerousDave Dedicated Member

I used to work near Straford-Upon-Avon and was in town at lunchtime. I nearly bumped into a guy coming out of Woolies, recognised him, and made the usual pleasantries (which he returned) and thought nothing of it. Later that night I found out why I recognised him. A very well known face, but I bet none of you know his name...

[​IMG]

17. Snoops

Snoops Zorg Addict

Model of Z:
    Dai out of Stella ... Likes to dress up

^^^^^ Owen Teale

Snoops ont'apatalk

18. Gio

Gio Regular Member

Model of Z:
    Z3 2.2 Sport
    I got to pull Dr Who's (Tom Baker) hair.

Bumped into him in the BBC Pebble Mill cafe, when I was about 8, and I asked if his hair was real or a wig.
    He bent down and let me pull on it to prove it was real, very nice man.
    He was at Pebble Mill shooting scenes for the episodes with the lighthouse, which my dad built (he was senior scenic craftsman)

19. pete59

pete59 Zorg Addict
    East Anglian Crew

Model of Z:
    Saw this on the snowy A1 yesterday. ai1225.photobucket.com_albums_ee398_petesteam_427984_215738788eeeff96c0cfff697ac9563ad3810bbb1.jpg

20. swamper

swamper Zorg Guru (V)
    Supporter M Power

Model of Z:
    z3m
    them are the new gritters from poland :D