Welcome to ZRoadster.org - BMW Z1 Z4 Z8 Z3 Forum and Technical Database

If you want to join in with the discussion, and see the areas which are available only to members then sign up now!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winter wheels & Tyres

Discussion in 'Z3 Roadster & Coupé' started by TitanTim, Aug 17, 2012.

1. TitanTim

TitanTim Dedicated Member

Hi all,

Decided too dig the Zed out and press it into winter service :coolsteer) :lol: which brings me onto getting some winter wheels and what size alloys and tyres too go for. I'm currently looking at 8x18 all round with 225/40 tyres. As the Zed has always had wider tyres on the rear can I expect disasterous handling results if I opt for same width all round. Obviously for winter use I don't want massive width on the driven wheels so thought 225s would be a sensible choice. Its not that long to go until the Autumn :( and looking at winter wheels for the Z4 will cost a holiday around £2500 :-o Will also be looking at a hardtop for the Z3 at some point :lol:

Any ideas for wheel size?

Cheers,

Tim.

2. r37

r37 Dedicated Member

just get some cheap 16'' alloys at around 6-7 inches wide. and some 215/55 tyres. Dont need to spend a fortune on something you'll use for 4 months and wont be speeding round on.