Welcome to ZRoadster.org - BMW Z1 Z4 Z8 Z3 Forum and Technical Database

If you want to join in with the discussion, and see the areas which are available only to members then sign up now!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winter Maintenance

Discussion in 'General Banter' started by Craig Machin, Dec 3, 2019 at 8:09 PM.

1. Craig Machin

Craig Machin Zorg Legend
    British Zeds

Model of Z:
    Well feeling at a loose end since taking the Zed off the road for winter I decided it would be a good idea to do some "tinkering"

Having replaced the outer sills on my brother in laws Zed earlier this year I thought that would be a good place to start.

Fearing the worst I removed the outer sills to be very pleasantly surprised to find what I would call light surface rust to the inner sills :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    This surface rust has now been removed all panels treated to a liberal coating of zinc primer and several litres of waxoyl.

Feeling confident that my soon to be 22 year old will last another 22 years.
    Next job is to replace the seat bushes to prevent the wife from rocking forward and backwards at junctions =))

• Like Like x 4
  2. Jack Ratt

Jack Ratt Zorg Guru (V)
    Supporter British Zeds The West Country

Model of Z:
    2.8i AUTO and 2.8i MANUAL
    I need to get my sill covers off my silver zed to have a gander underneath. They need changing anyway so might crack on with it

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fender2004

Fender2004 Zorg Addict
    British Zeds

Excellent news.
    I’m sure that you will be in the wife’s good book after the seat bushes are done too.

• Like Like x 1