• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

For Sale Wind Deflector / Windbreak

Martin Sullivan

www.ZEDonist.com - ZED Parts
Supporter
British Zeds
Joined
Jul 7, 2020
Points
67
Location
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Model of Z
3.0 Roadster
Hi All,

I have made a batch of wind deflectors to suite the Z3 with the black roll hoops.

The wind deflector is a unique shape and style (inspired by Lee). The design allows air to pass over the windscreen and then under the wind deflector. By allowing air to pass under the wind deflector turbulence inside the cabin is significantly reduced.
The design also allows the central storage compartment to be opened and used easily which is a useful space when going for a longer trip.

The deflector is made from 5mm clear Perspex and is very clear.
The Perspex is laser cut, clean and very precise.
The deflector is held in place with wide 35mm Velcro (supplied).

A number of people have preferred the OEM mesh wind deflectors over Perspex due to the turbulence experienced inside the cabin. In my opinion this design is superior in its effectiveness, rearward visibility and by allowing access to the storage box.

Typically other retailers will charge in the region of £100.00 (sometimes +postage)

I am asking £75.00 including postage.

They are also available through www.ZEDonist.com but will be slightly more expensive due to additional costs.

Wind Deflector

920E1DD8-B4B2-4364-A545-2B1D8D636301.jpeg
8461CCD1-9319-4A50-B6CC-E686D609BDCC.jpeg
12734669-C80C-4677-8966-9AAA5C4E9F80.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Hi All,

I have made a batch of wind deflectors to suite the Z3 with the black roll hoops.

The wind deflector is a unique shape and style (inspired by Lee). The design allows air to pass over the windscreen and then under the wind deflector. By allowing air to pass under the wind deflector turbulence inside the cabin is significantly reduced.
The design also allows the central storage compartment to be opened and used easily which is a useful space when going for a longer trip.

The deflector is made from 5mm clear Perspex and is very clear.
The Perspex is laser cut, clean and very precise.
The deflector is held in place with wide 35mm Velcro (supplied).

A number of people have preferred the OEM mesh wind deflectors over Perspex due to the turbulence experienced inside the cabin. In my opinion this design is superior in its effectiveness, reward visibility and by allowing access to the storage box.

Typically other retailers will charge in the region of £100.00 (sometimes +postage)

I am asking £75.00 including postage.

They are also available through www.ZEDonist.com but will be slightly more expensive due to additional costs.

Wind Deflector

View attachment 195091View attachment 195097View attachment 195103
Hello Martin, Great item I expect you will sell quite a few at that price, maybe even one to me =))
 
@Krisztian Somodi

good morning, yes, shipping within the U.K. mainland is included.
The islands and north Scotland might be slightly more expensive due to Royal Mail costs.

For the benefit of others:
I will be able to ship to Europe too but I will need to get a postage quote for that.
 
@Krisztian Somodi

good morning, yes, shipping within the U.K. mainland is included.
The islands and north Scotland might be slightly more expensive due to Royal Mail costs.

For the benefit of others:
I will be able to ship to Europe too but I will need to get a postage quote for that.
Good morning

Thanks, that's great.
How do I order one ?
 
Windbreak. Ha! 🤣

Sprouts with sunday dinner. Lots of windbreaks here. If I could package them up and sell em on ebay...
 
Hi All,

I have made a batch of wind deflectors to suite the Z3 with the black roll hoops.

The wind deflector is a unique shape and style (inspired by Lee). The design allows air to pass over the windscreen and then under the wind deflector. By allowing air to pass under the wind deflector turbulence inside the cabin is significantly reduced.
The design also allows the central storage compartment to be opened and used easily which is a useful space when going for a longer trip.

The deflector is made from 5mm clear Perspex and is very clear.
The Perspex is laser cut, clean and very precise.
The deflector is held in place with wide 35mm Velcro (supplied).

A number of people have preferred the OEM mesh wind deflectors over Perspex due to the turbulence experienced inside the cabin. In my opinion this design is superior in its effectiveness, rearward visibility and by allowing access to the storage box.

Typically other retailers will charge in the region of £100.00 (sometimes +postage)

I am asking £75.00 including postage.

They are also available through www.ZEDonist.com but will be slightly more expensive due to additional costs.

Wind Deflector

Hi Martin, could you message me to arrange buying a deflector?

Many thanks

Alan
 
Any chance to do them with clear velcros for chrome roll hoops please?
 
Stainless steel tie wraps are a good idea.
Have you had any issues with the tie wrap scratching the chromed hoop?

I think I’ve found a solution for the clear straps but it’ll be towards the end of august when I have an answer. Work is very busy and I’m on holiday for a bit 👍
 
Back
Top