Welcome to ZRoadster.org - BMW Z1 Z4 Z8 Z3 Forum and Technical Database

If you want to join in with the discussion, and see the areas which are available only to members then sign up now!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wheel Refurb Recommendation

Discussion in 'The Beauty Parlour' started by Mouldy, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Mouldy

Mouldy Regular Member

Model of Z:
    None at present
    There was a post on .net some time ago regarding a mobile wheel refurb service that drew a fair amount of negative comments from several Forum members who doubted the credentials of the OP of the thread.

I was sceptical, having had a dire refurb on a wheels on previous car by a mobile service in the past, however I was forced to change my opinion when the company in question refurbed a wheel on my daily driver a few weeks ago.

I scuffed a wheel on my way home from work following another 12 hour nightshift and decided to give the PP Rapid Alloy Refurbs a go, as they are local to me and were able to turn the it round quickly.

Here is a link to their website;

http://www.pprapidrefurbs.co.uk/

The proprietor is a guy called Paul, who is a member of .net and whose username is GROMMIT. He did a great job at a reasonable cost and I will be using him to do the wheels on the wife's Crossfire in the spring.

Here are a few pictures of the finished wheel;

ai672.photobucket.com_albums_vv84_mouldy1805_P1020983.jpg

ai672.photobucket.com_albums_vv84_mouldy1805_P1020993.jpg

ai672.photobucket.com_albums_vv84_mouldy1805_P1030005.jpg

ai672.photobucket.com_albums_vv84_mouldy1805_P1030006.jpg

I must add that I had never met Paul before he quoted me for the work, he is not a relative or a friend of a friend or my mum. I am simply a satisfied customer, happy to pass on a recommendation!

2. HornelZ3M

HornelZ3M Zorg Addict
    Supporter East Anglian Crew

Model of Z:
    Z3M Roadster
    That looks a good one for the forum. Well done they look great. ^:)^

3. board

board Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator British Zeds M Power

Model of Z:
    M Roadster
    Has anyone ever been able to refurb the shadow chrome wheels? I could only get a whole set done rather than a section of a wheel done.