Welcome to ZRoadster.org - BMW Z1 Z4 Z8 Z3 Forum and Technical Database

If you want to join in with the discussion, and see the areas which are available only to members then sign up now!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wheel purchase and D.I.Y refurb before and after pics

Discussion in 'General Banter' started by joey, Dec 28, 2013.

1. joey

joey Zorg Addict
    British Zeds The M44 Massive

Model of Z:
    1.9 16v M44
    IMAG0255.jpg got these style 18 alloys from quarry motors in sheffield for £130 delivered..as you can see from the before pics they were in shabby shape, so over 3 days or so I sanded them down with wet and dry then primed and painted them. IMAG0246-1.jpg
    and here is the result.. IMAG0259.jpg

looks much better IMO than the pepper pots that were on it, the set up is is square with 225/45/17 all round maxxi victra ma-z1 on the rear and bridgestone potenza'a on the front all part worns with 7-8mm of tread balance and fitted for £90!...handling and grip is much improved and I really cannot get the back to step out at all...even in the wet its very planted and much more "chuckable"....I still have a slight difference in ride height as before, it is slightly lower driver side rear, but not as bad as I first though....an interesting piece of info I discovered after some research.....

the handbrake when engaged can "jack up" one side of the vehicle making it look lopsided from the rear, so I put the car on some flat level ground and disengaged the handbrake and had a look and right enough the disparity from left to right was almost gone..its very minimal (about 1cm) and I suspect will be ironed out with replacement coil springs.

next on the list is water pump replacement and seat bushes...(will be in touch aceman)

and have some powerflex bushes going on the wishbones in the next week or so..

• Like Like x 3
  2. zedwheels

zedwheels Zorg Guru (IV)
    Supporter British Zeds

Massive difference it makes to have nice unmarked wheels. :scorecard:

3. allan

allan Zorg Addict
    British Zeds East Anglian Crew

Model of Z:
    z4 2.2i se
    very nice, a good job done ;)

4. Aceman

Aceman Moderator
    British Zeds 3rd Party Trader

Model of Z:
    ///M Roadster
    Excellent job, those are one of the best looking standard wheels for the Z3 good choice I had them on my 2.8.

5. Stormy_be

Stormy_be Zorg Guru (I)
    Belgian Zeds

Model of Z:
    Z3 2.8 Roadster
    Really nice wheels. Changed the looks of the car completely.
    The difference some sanding and paint can do to a set of rims. Good job ;-)

Koen