Welcome to ZRoadster.org - BMW Z1 Z4 Z8 Z3 Forum and Technical Database

If you want to join in with the discussion, and see the areas which are available only to members then sign up now!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you think it went for?

Discussion in 'General Banter' started by FRANKIE, Jan 23, 2014.

1. FRANKIE

FRANKIE Zorg Guru (V)
    American Zeds The M44 Massive

Model of Z:
    Z3
    A few days ago, I posted a z3 that was on e-bay that needed a head gasket. One member said that there might be something else wrong with it, perhaps other problems with the engine. Advised that if I could get it for a thousand or less, it might be worth it. Good advise that I listened to. Look at what it went for.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/331108841330?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l264
    I bough my '96 z for $3500. Frankie

2. joey

joey Zorg Addict
    British Zeds The M44 Massive

Model of Z:
    1.9 16v M44
    wow Frankie, thats a lot of cheese for a car with head gasket problems (and who knows what else) and 150k on the clock...I think in the UK that would have gone for £1200 or less and maybe would have been broken for parts, I hope whoever bought it doesn't have a lemon on their hands..in perspective...http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...4/sort/default/usedcars/make/bmw/model/z3/qui

that's the asking price...so you could walk in and drive that away for £1400 at this time of year..I paid £2400 for mine with no issues at the time and a FSH. 2 lady owners before me and it only had 46k on the clock, also mine has the tan interior and power hood and all the other little cabin upgrades..

and was purchased in may...summer price, I think you would still expect to pay around £3-3.5k for a Z with less than 60k on it...

is that the case your side of the pond Frankie?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. FRANKIE

FRANKIE Zorg Guru (V)
    American Zeds The M44 Massive

Model of Z:
    Z3
    Can't reply now going to work, later.............

4. bessieblue

bessieblue Zorg Guru (II)
    East Anglian Crew

Model of Z:
    sounds expensive, for over here