Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 2.0 20i M Sport sDrive
Just a bit off fun ....... :p
Just wondering what you cleaned first ....... :)
On your Z ..... ;)

Slam

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Zedless. Mini GP 1379
Well for me today it was the oven !!

Z Victor 1

Formerly "Ontiken1"
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Zedless!
Can't vote for either option as I tend to start with getting the worst off the wheels then I do the body before finishing off the wheels last.

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
Clean o_O whats that then :whistle:

Mazza

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 1.9 M44 Roadster Z3 2.8 Project
Internet history :whistle:

Redline

Zorg Expert (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i msport
Wheels first then top downwards.
Hate doing wheels - I wouldn't start if I didn't get that bit out the way first. They wouldn't get done otherwise.

MalcQV

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
I use a separate mitt for the wheels too.

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
D

DelGue

Bought a wheel brush from the local parts store. It works really well on spoke wheels. Now, if I can just get it back from the grandson...

colb

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 M43 1.8 (1999) and Z4 E85 2.5 (2003)
Interior first followed by hood if required, wet body, glass and wheels down with hose followed by wash and wax shampoo applied with a wash mit, rinse off with a hose, wheel arches then hosed followed by wheels applying wheel cleaner if required then rinse with hose. Finally dry car with soft towel so no water spots remain. Apply polish/wax and buff to a shine. Use household glass cleaner to finish off. Polish/wax only needs doing a couple of times a year if you keep on top of it.
Use this sequence to clean the Funeral Fleet at my casual job and this is done after every outing. Never use a pressure washer or a hose with an attachment on it that produces a strong jet, just an open hose. only exception to that is maybe the wheel arches to shift and mud buildup. Always use a grit catching grid in the bottom of your shampoo bucket so you don't pick up grit and drag it across your paint to cause scratches. Use a different mit and brushes, sponges to do the wheels.

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
Start at the top and work down.

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Interior first followed by hood if required, wet body, glass and wheels down with hose followed by wash and wax shampoo applied with a wash mit, rinse off with a hose, wheel arches then hosed followed by wheels applying wheel cleaner if required then rinse with hose. Finally dry car with soft towel so no water spots remain. Apply polish/wax and buff to a shine. Use household glass cleaner to finish off. Polish/wax only needs doing a couple of times a year if you keep on top of it.
Use this sequence to clean the Funeral Fleet at my casual job and this is done after every outing. Never use a pressure washer or a hose with an attachment on it that produces a strong jet, just an open hose. only exception to that is maybe the wheel arches to shift and mud buildup. Always use a grit catching grid in the bottom of your shampoo bucket so you don't pick up grit and drag it across your paint to cause scratches. Use a different mit and brushes, sponges to do the wheels.
Lovely write up :p
Do you mean you use the glass cleaner on the windows =))

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Bought a wheel brush from the local parts store. It works really well on spoke wheels. Now, if I can just get it back from the grandson...
Or you could buy another one =))

colb

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 M43 1.8 (1999) and Z4 E85 2.5 (2003)
Lovely write up :p
Do you mean you use the glass cleaner on the windows =))
Yes, windows last using a household window cleaner, crushed newspaper also gives the glass a nice polished finish.