Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
#ZedShed
Model of Z
Z3M and Z4 (e89)
Fairly easy one for some of you.

This is my mates, he's had it 28 years, restored it once now in the process of doing it again.
Make & Model??

20190728_150944.jpg

pgunter

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
2.2i sport & 3.0i sport
It’s the TVR shape. So it’s then either the 2500 or 3000. Early giveaway is the side grill.

pgunter

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
2.2i sport & 3.0i sport
TVR Grantura depending on age. Could be S1 or S2.

D

DelGue

NIce TR3 in the background, looks like one I had, except mine had the "smallmouth grill.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
Z4 3.0 Auto
And a Frog Eye, an E-Type (XKE) (I learned that from the film "Convoy") and a Healey 3000 and what looks like a TR6. Some classic metal there Tom. I have seen all of these at The Car-B-Q at Clermont Fl. on a Saturday night right at the foot of the Citrus Tower on US27.

Tony.

D

DelGue

And a Frog Eye, an E-Type (XKE) (I learned that from the film "Convoy") and a Healey 3000 and what looks like a TR6. Some classic metal there Tom. I have seen all of these at The Car-B-Q at Clermont Fl. on a Saturday night right at the foot of the Citrus Tower on US27.

Tony.
Back in the 60s I started Timing and Scoring for the SF region SCCA. Lord, the cars I got to see up close and personal!! Even got a ride in a then-new and exotic Porsche 904 at one track. What a great time to be a sports car fan. Everything from Xk-120s to Siatas and Fiat Abarth Bialberos! Some cars I'd never heard of. Seeing those classics in the photo posted brought back some great memories...

D

DelGue

Tony.
Back in the 60s I started Timing and Scoring for the SF region SCCA. Lord, the cars I got to see up close and personal!! Even got a ride in a then-new and exotic Porsche 904 at one track. What a great time to be a sports car fan. Everything from Xk-120s to Siatas and Fiat Abarth Bialberos! Some cars I'd never heard of. Seeing those classics in the photo posted brought back some great memories...

D

DelGue

Tony.

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
#ZedShed
Model of Z
Z3M and Z4 (e89)
Is that the one with the big bulbous "fastback"? The early 60s E types had such a great tapered fastback that was absolutely gorgeous.
Yep the one that was ruined for the US market

Bonzeau

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 litre Roadster
The early 4.2 litre E Type was considered the best variant, with better torque, gearbox, cooling,comfort and room than the original 3.8 litre.
The wheelbase was stretched by 9" when they introduced the 2+2, where the roofline was made more 'bulbous' to facilitate rear headroom.
The series 3 was built with the longer wheelbase.
Personally, I'd love one, a mid blue roadster with tan leather and manual gearbox.

:drinks:

Bonzo.

D

DelGue

The early 4.2 litre E Type was considered the best variant, with better torque, gearbox, cooling,comfort and room than the original 3.8 litre.
The wheelbase was stretched by 9" when they introduced the 2+2, where the roofline was made more 'bulbous' to facilitate rear headroom.
The series 3 was built with the longer wheelbase.
Personally, I'd love one, a mid blue roadster with tan leather and manual gearbox.

:drinks:

Bonzo.
I nearly bought a 61 convertible, BRG with manual gearbox in 1968 when I retutned from the Army. We'd agreed on the price, I arranged to pick it up a few days later, and the guy got a better offer from someone else and sold it. I was not very pleased...

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
Z4 3.0 Auto
I nearly bought a 61 convertible, BRG with manual gearbox in 1968 when I retutned from the Army. We'd agreed on the price, I arranged to pick it up a few days later, and the guy got a better offer from someone else and sold it. I was not very pleased...

I hate that Tom, when I'm selling a car of my own, or one owned by a friend, when I give my word on a deal the deal is done. There are people out there with a very different view on this, sadly.:(

Tony.