Wet front carpet.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Having been following Gaz's topic re the top of the "A" pillar leak, I was a bit taken aback when I got in my Z4 tonight to leave work. Under sodium lights there appeared to be water on the O/S/F floor mat. reaching down to see it felt fairly wet so all the way home I'm thinking where's that from?
After tea I went out to the garage to investigate. The carpet feels dry so I reckon that the majority of the wetness came from my work shoes which on inspection have deep tread, and it was persistently raining when we left and I must have carried the water in.
However checking the rubber seals round the door aperture and along the roof some drops of water were the wrong side of the rubber at the front bottom corner, so I've thoroughly dried all the rubbers and given them a liberal dose of Silicon spray. No doubt there'll be more nice weather to test the results tomorrow.

Tony.

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Cheers mate, I'll have a butcher's.:thumbsup:

Tony.

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Seriously, I have never read that thread because it was about a Z4, have never even sat in one.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Would love to but never looked at posts about the Z4 as I have no knowledge of them.

Redline

Zorg Expert (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i msport
Have seen silicon spray cited as the cure to a number of ills. Never seen nor used any. Got an example? Where do you get it.
With two convertibles, it sounds like a good idea for door seals.
Ta :thumbsup:

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
We get it at work from Andrew Page and Euro Car Parts outlets Ian. It's a very versatile products. When Shirl got her first Eos several years ago I bought a TINY aerosol spray from VW for the roof seals as I'd heard they could be problematic if not kept in good order. It cost £49, I now use silicon spray. Fantastic for rubber window runners and slides

Tony.

ps. For slow recoiling seat belts ......................... wash with warm water and toilet soap (especially on ladies car's to remove hair spray and make up), dry thoroughly and spray with silicon = like new.:thumbsup:

Redline

Zorg Expert (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i msport
We get it at work from Andrew Page and Euro Car Parts outlets Ian. It's a very versatile products. When Shirl got her first Eos several years ago I bought a TINY aerosol spray from VW for the roof seals as I'd heard they could be problematic if not kept in good order. It cost £49, I now use silicon spray. Fantastic for rubber window runners and slides

Tony.

ps. For slow recoiling seat belts ......................... wash with warm water and toilet soap (especially on ladies car's to remove hair spray and make up), dry thoroughly and spray with silicon = like new.:thumbsup:
Thanks Tony - Looks like an essential can of stuff to have. I'll call by our local car parts place for some. :thumbsup:

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster

Tony.

Thanks for the top tip on the seat belts. Added to the list :thumbsup:

Carl Latham

British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0si coupe
My z4 coupe had a small patch of water in the drivers footwell. About the size of my palm, and on the surface of the carpet. My door seal had some water on it and was seemed to be running down the side of the plastic trim to the carpet. I drilled a smaller hole near to the corner of the door seal to help drain any water away. I'm going to also take off the door card as the membrane under it can be at fault and allow water to get in to the interior from behind the door card.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Thanks for the top tip on the seat belts. Added to the list :thumbsup:
I thought of more uses Andy, zippers on tents and caravan awnings too. Also zips on jackets.

Tony.

Eddie Zedder

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.0
Used to use Silicon spray on sqeaky suspension rubbers and noisy fan belts (mainly BL and Ford's) years ago. Lasted a few months before the squeaks would reappear.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Very good for pin pointing the area of noise even so Bryan.:)

Tony.

Eddie Zedder

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.0
Usually happened during dry spells, don't see many of those lately!

Eddie Zedder

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.0
Just remembered that we used to spray it on the dash to give the wet look, made it a bit sticky though after a few coats!