Not open for further replies.

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
Guy's and Gal's

I promised a West Country Cruise to Gary when I first started with Zroadster.org and I have so far failed to deliver! I think I need to remedy that fact! I hate letting people down :D

What I have in mind I tested with Mint yesterday in terms of where to go and scale etc. (Thanks Mint and Mrs Mint). We ended up at the Hartland Quay Hotel http://www.hartlandquayhotel.co.uk which is where I plan to base everyone. Why I intend to use it is a base is that I think we need to arrive on the Friday evening and cruise Saturday return to the hotel for Saturday evening and then on Sunday again go cruising but ending up over near the M5 about 17:00 ish for people to return home.

What I would say about the hotel is that the accommodation is average and the food is just pub grub! the setting and location is a peach! It is one of the best setting's ever! It has been used for the film Treasure Island and also by the Top Gear team for the shoots.

I have spoken to the hotel and per couple as long as we are a group (and that can get to 14 cars but we need a minimum of 5, excluding me as I live so close) they will do a deal which includes the two nights and breakfast on Saturday and Sunday for £150 per couple so that works out at £37.50 per person per night including breakfast. I would like to go for as late in March as I can but they have a Bike Hill climb event that I will need to avoid obviously and I am awaiting confirmation of the dates to avoid. We will have to book using a code which will be agreed with the hotel.

My plan is that we will leave Hartland on Saturday morning after breakfast and travel to Moreton Hampstead for a cuppa at a little cafe then cruise Dartmoor and then near the end of Dartmoor stop for a lunch which people fund themselves at a pub. In the afternoon we will then go to a national trust property something like Cotele househttp://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/cotehele/ and then return to Hartland Quay via Bodmin Moor and St. Breward. We are likely to end up back at the hotel after dark but it should be a great drive, with interest for the partners as well.

On the Sunday after breakfast to go over to Exmoor and do some spirited lanes and some pretty ones (Mint I think we can decide on the forum if we avoid the Ford's) and also include the original route I was thinking of and also Sunday lunch somewhere like Simonsbath in the middle of Exmoor. After lunch either take in something like Arlington Court and then cruise through Exmoor again across to Tiverton or Taunton to connect with the M5.

At this stage I am looking for the likely uptake should I put this together and if people would be up for it? I will grab the second post so that I can maintain the list of who is interested and confirm details that I do establish if/when we develop the idea further.

Thanks everyone for looking.

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
Confirmed details: -We will start by congregating on the Friday evening 15th March 2013.

Hartland Quay Hotel - Rooms
The deal includes the two nights and breakfast on Saturday and Sunday for £150 per couple so that works out at £37.50 per person per night including breakfast. There is some single’s capability and that is half the couple rate at £75.00 for the two nights, if you get the one single room or share.

Still available Hartland Quay hotel contact direct on 01237441218 and give them the booking code "ZORG"
Room 2 - Single - shower

update 15/2/2013 Hartland Quay Hotel vacancy in room 2 only I will update when I know changes.

Due to the Above I have spoke to http://www.theanchorinnhartland.co.uk and they have 6 double rooms for which the rate will be £130 for the room, with Breakfast, for the 15th and 16th (however if we fill them then they will reduce that to £100, without breakfast so that people can breakfast with the others down at the Hartland Quay Hotel. contact number for them is 01237 441414 and mention the booking code "Zroadster"

Confirmed Attendee's NHR (No Hotel requirement) HB (Hotel Booked)

I am some attendees missing can they PM Please. we have 5 NHR already with only 7 HB and 9 hotels names My Error guys and gals but bring me up to date please. I am aware that we have in excess of 15 cars now but I am not able to list all the names or handles due to not being able to put names to forum handles in some cases

La_vida_diver (NHR)
Mint (HB)
ForZed (HB)
Zedwheels (HB)
Happylarry (HB)
John & Martha Tovey (HB)
Peter & Madeline Willis (HB)
Jane & Reg Bishop (HB Annex by agreement with the hotel)
Gazhyde (NHR)
Andy-Tonsberg (NHR)
Nigel Davies (NHR)
John Colman (HB at Anchor or local B&B)
Roger Weldhen (NHR)
Mike Brown (NHR)
Nigel and Alison Jacobs (HB at the Anchor Inn)
Frances Carter
James Masters & Helen Roper

Also for the Local Contingent who do not need Accommodation we can all Breakfast at £6 per person - cereals, juice, tea & coffee, toast, full English. please let us know numbers if you can

TaffZee

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0 SE
Sounds good to me Duncan, getting a bit fed up with the runs around here, Provided the dates are OK put me down as very intersted. But you will need to do something special to beat the roads I took you on! Now Thats a challenge!!!!

Jim

billz

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0si Individual Ruby Black Last one produced in this colour combo
Sounds good Duncan but i think this will fall too close to our holiday to Gambia. Will have to see what dates you put up.
bill

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
TaffZee said:
Sounds good to me Duncan, getting a bit fed up with the runs around here, Provided the dates are OK put me down as very intersted. But you will need to do something special to beat the roads I took you on! Now Thats a challenge!!!!

Jim
TaffZee the roads you took me on are beyond belief and I know I cannot get up to that standard! However the setting of the Hotel in a different way is up to standard! I can't compete with your roads but I will try and make them as good as I can! ^:)^ Your Valley where we can see the whole windy road right down and see that it is clear is the tops for me that and sections of the "Evo" for different reasons just cannot be topped! ^:)^ ^:)^ I admit that up front! :D =))

zedwheels

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Put me Linda and zed bear down for this ride Duncan, quite fancy some clotted cream and cider! :coolsteer)

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Hi Duncan

I have just put our names down for the EAC cruise to Northern France on the 29th March, so as long as your cruise doesn't clash - count us in, even though we have done the cruise (more a thrash really :) ).

We had a great time on Friday - thanks :) and would agree on the location of the hotel.

Cheers Dave

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
Re: Westcountry Cruise 15th March 2013

Right Guys and Gals

I have looked at timings for next year and spoken to the hotel and it looks like because Good Friday is the 29th March next year and we want to do this before the Easter Traffic starts to arrive in Devon the dates we will Plump for is to start by congregating on the Friday evening 15th March 2013. The Holiday Makers will all start to arrive the weekend before the 29th so that rules out the 22nd anyway (even if the hotel was not already busy with the hill climb event).

I have also garnered some local interest so with luck we might get some new members as well from the west country who come and join us.

If you contact the Hotel direct and give them the booking code "ZORG" they will know the deal that we have agreed is applicable.

I would ask you to do your bookings sooner rather than later as if we get a good size group it would be a shame if we run out of rooms because non Zed customers paying full price book rooms that we might otherwise have filled.

The Hotels Telephone number for those who just want to phone and book rather than look on the website is 01237441218 prices etc are as detailed in the initial post.

There are a mix of rooms available as can be seen below, how people want to split or group etc I leave to you each to decide and to contact the hotel and make your own arrangements. It may be that clarity about the rooms is required so do feel to phone Jill Johns the manageress with any queries. Rooms 2 and 9 (and I think 18 can be configured that way as well) are the only ones that are available for single(s) and in 9 it would be good if singles would share the room if you get my drift.

Hartland Quay Hotel - Room Breakdown

Room 1 - Double & 2 Singles - bathroom - sea view shower room - sea view
Room 2 - Single - shower
Room 4 – Double & 1 Single – bathroom – best sea view shower room - best sea view
Room 5 - Double & 2 Singles - shower - sea view
Room 6 - Double & 1 Single - shower - sea view
Room 7 – Double – bathroom – sea view
Room 9 - 2 Singles – bathroom
Room 10 – Double – bathroom
Room 12 - Double & 1 Single – shower
Room 14 Double & 1 Single – bathroom
Room 15 -double – bathroom
Room 17 - 1 double - bathroom - sea view
Room 18 - Double - sea view
Annex – 1 Double room, 1 twin room and a family room with 1 Double & 1 Single, private lounge, bathroom, separate shower room.

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Hi Duncan, well done for organising this. We still want to come but are a little concerned that there are only 4 'interested' parties, TaffZee, J R, zedwheels and us.

Bit concerned as in your 1st post the deal with the hotel is for a minimum of 5. Are there any more we don't know about staying?

Cheers for now

Dave

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
Mint said:
Hi Duncan, well done for organising this. We still want to come but are a little concerned that there are only 4 'interested' parties, TaffZee, J R, zedwheels and us.

Bit concerned as in your 1st post the deal with the hotel is for a minimum of 5. Are there any more we don't know about staying?

Cheers for now

Dave
I have spoken to the manageress Jill and because we are managing it "with" them rather than trying to sort everything ourselves they have undertaken that they will honour the deal even if we get fewer than the number required. So if you call and book you will pay the rate agreed and if we do not get the numbers she hopes that we will grow in the future and come back when the main tourist season is not in full flood. (I did a bit of a selling job by saying exactly what your concern is and making sure that if you sign up then your deal will be honoured)

So go ahead in safety on the price front. With regard t numbers I am also going to try and get some local Zed owners to hear about it so that I can grow the west country contingent of Zroadster.org

I hope that helps! I will distill the essence of the various posts i the next few days and reflect them in the second post which I grabbed earlier for clarity.

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Ok thanks Duncan, we'll be there then - I'll be on the phone later ;)

Forzed

Model of Z
Z4 3.0si
Hi There

Hotel booked, see you there.

Merry Christmas in the mean time :eek:)

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
Forzed said:
Merry Christmas in the mean time :eek:)
And You! looking forward to it already even though I am nervous about what people will think afterwards but I will do my best to provide a great weekends driving and entertainment.

J R

Dedicated Member
Deceased
Model of Z
Z 3 2.8 Z4 E89 3LTR
Sorry Duncan,
I find we are already booked for a long weekend in Bournmouth

J R

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Hi Duncan

Hotel booked and looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the cruisers.

Cheers for now

Dave

peteslag

Zorg Legend
Model of Z
Z4M
I was hoping to come but March is a busy time for me this year. I've got three 40th birthday bashes to go to, one weekend after the other (one of them is mine!).

I love the west country, we go on holiday every year to either Devon or Cornwall. You can't beat a good pint of Cornish Rattler :beer . I'm sure you will all have a cracking time.

Next time we are down that way Duncan we'll have to pop in for a cuppa.

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
Just to let people know I have been talking to the Local BMW dealers and they are thinking about joining in and are prepared to contact ALL their BMW Zed owners so this could end up being a big event. I am now OFFICIALLY WORRIED! can we please get some more Members signed up so that We have a reasonable contingent from away. :-ss

zedwheels

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
:coolsteer) Hiya Duncan just to let you know that i have reserved our room at the inn for the 15th and 16th March. :-bd

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
Hi Guys I am a little concerned that we have got such a small contingent so far. I am talking to the local BMW Dealers and would like to have some better numbers so that I can get them involved and the local papers.

:-ss

Status
Not open for further replies.