Water around the fuel filler

laurence

The West Country
Model of Z
Hi all,

I haven't got this problem but a relative who has just got a tidy Zed *will be jointing the site soon* has notice water building up in around where you put the petrol in i have had a look at mine and cannot feel a hole or see one and have never noticed water build up there.

i am completely stumped on this is there meant to be a hole somewhere?

thanks in advance

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
There is a small drain hole at the bottom, but difficult to see when it's clogged. It leads to a pipe which empties underneath the car.

Pipe cleaner, cable tie or something like that should clear it. I tend to flush it through every now and then with some hot water.

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster
Yep as Gary says hole at the bottom which soon gets clogged and camouflaged with crud trust us it is there. ;)

Brian H

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
E36/7 3.0i - E85 Z4///M
Just to add a little more detail the hole is situated under the filler cap at the bottom on the vertical flat face, I thought I had a picture somewhere but cannot find it.

DivideBYZero

Zorg Guru (I)
Model of Z
Z3 2.2
Did mine yesterday, about 4-500ml drained out. I used the cores of some telephone wire I had lying around after a Sky installer ran out enough for me to hook up the box to the phone… as if I'd do that…HA! Anyhow, a couple of twists and as good as a pipe cleaner, because who the hell has a pipe, let alone the cleaning paraphernalia.

Ferdinand

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
Z3 3.0iA Sport Edition
I used the cartridge from a cheap biro the other day - had the exact size - Now serves multple purposes in the car o_O (drain pipe, writing, pointing on a map, etc. ) and who doesn't normally have a biro in the car.... :writing:

Titan

British Zeds
Model of Z
sDrive35i
The nozzle pipe from WD40 or similar is very useful for this job.
Once it's clear a quick squirt of hosepipe each time you wash it will generally suffice ;)

gr8mz3

Hi all,

I haven't got this problem but a relative who has just got a tidy Zed *will be jointing the site soon* has notice water building up in around where you put the petrol in i have had a look at mine and cannot feel a hole or see one and have never noticed water build up there.

i am completely stumped on this is there meant to be a hole somewhere?

thanks in advance
You have dirt in the drain hole at the bottom. Use a straighned paper clip to find the hole on the verticle surface below th filler.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I find about 100 psi air line clears this problem. for keeps.:)

Titan

British Zeds
Model of Z
sDrive35i
Great pics - it's a good job you don't have to jack the car up and remove the rear axle just clean the drain pipe out though !

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
I used the cartridge from a cheap biro the other day - had the exact size - Now serves multple purposes in the car o_O (drain pipe, writing, pointing on a map, etc. ) and who doesn't normally have a biro in the car.... :writing:
Huh! What's a biro?? JIM

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
Ok, thanks! You Brits slay me, it's a pen FGS!! lol Is that so hard to say?? Remember we have American member to them taking the cartridge from your Brio translates to taking a bullet from a Chinese knockoff pistol. JIM

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I thought he was Hungarian. Anyway have a listen to Jasper Carott explaining the difference between English " English" and North American " English " which he experienced on his visit across the pond many years ago. I think that may include the snowy bits Jim.:)

Suffolkrich

84646C41-759A-47DF-A3CE-73726C2EE09D.jpeg

This is my effort at unblocking using WD 40 straw (Ignore non genuine filler cap). Collected water drained quickly enough and then rinsed through with hot water, good stream underneath chassis, then wiped out residual muck. Tried to rod it with a core of household electrical cable. Probably got 3/4 down pipe work but was too flexible for job. Still happy with results.