Welcome to ZRoadster.org - BMW Z1 Z4 Z8 Z3 Forum and Technical Database

If you want to join in with the discussion, and see the areas which are available only to members then sign up now!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VINTAGE ENGINES

Discussion in 'General Car Stuff or non-Zed Specific Stuff' started by pete59, Jan 24, 2012.

1. pete59

pete59 Zorg Addict
    East Anglian Crew

Model of Z:
    ai1225.photobucket.com_albums_ee398_petesteam_004_1.jpg These are two Lister barn/farm engines i restored ,they were completely rusted a not run for over 40 years,it was great fun.

2. EnthuZiaZT

EnthuZiaZT Zorg Guru (V)
    British Zeds East Anglian Crew

Model of Z:
    Z4 28i Msport
    Hi Pete59 :-h
    A friend of ours, who also has a Z4, has several of these engines that he has bought back to life, which he took great delight in showing off at his 60th Birthday in June, he is also restoring a TR6. All of these are a great achievement as he has been quite ill with the after effects of shingles in his eye.
    I can't get too nostalgic about them as we used to use engines like these on the farm in the 60s and were therefore part of everyday life and I can asure that they were sods to start in the freezing cold and b***dy painful when they backfired while you were winding them up :D

3. pete59

pete59 Zorg Addict
    East Anglian Crew

Model of Z:
    Iknow what you mean mike,i have had a few moments setting up the timeing.Ihave sold them all now as they were just a project i wanted to do some years ago,i had to put that off, because of a very serious illness and treatment,finished them last year and replaced them in the garage with my zed.