Welcome to ZRoadster.org - BMW Z1 Z4 Z8 Z3 Forum and Technical Database

If you want to join in with the discussion, and see the areas which are available only to members then sign up now!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIN Decoding

Discussion in 'General Banter' started by Aceman, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Aceman

Aceman Moderator
    British Zeds 3rd Party Trader

Model of Z:
    ///M Roadster
    There is an interesting discussion over on the coupe forum where somebody has found a guy that can decode your VIN showing you the exact date of build and all the options fitted. Now this is not new as there have been several posts across the forums with details on how to obtain this information but what is different in this case is that this guy can give you a bit more information like what position your car is in the production run how many were made of your colour etc. so it is worth giving it a go so you can get a little bit more history about your Zed.

All you need to do is click the link below and register on the site which requires only the bare minimum of info and then post a request on the page, he appears to be responding very quickly (withn 24hours) so no waiting around really.

My Z3M is apparantly the 114th one to be made out of 8 on the day of 20/01/1998 and there were 56 Arctic/Imola colour combo's made in total.

Click here for VIN info

Post up if you think you have some rare option or generally to discuss what you have found out about your Zed. :D

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lex

Lex Newbie

For those interested this is the best free vin decoder I could find https://bmwvin.co.uk

It's for BMW and MINI.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. BMBabe

BMBabe Zorg Guru (V)
    Staff Member Supporter British Zeds Community Admin

Model of Z:
    Z3
    That's cool

4. Gundun

Gundun Zorg Legend
    Belgian Zeds

Model of Z:
    2.2i Sport Line Individual
    Finally a decoder that tells me the individual green inserts I have came from factory and are walknappa mexico green.
    I can sleep much better from now on.
    On the low side, I will never find somebody who will reupholster my wheel with that same mexico green insert again...

#4 Gundun, Oct 5, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  5. Faheem

Faheem Zorg Guru (III)
    Supporter British Zeds The M44 Massive

Model of Z:
    1.9 M44