Turnberry hotel at night.

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 Individual Dakar / Orinoco Individual
On the return leg back to the hotel on day 2 of the Spring Scottish run a couple of week ago we turned off the A77 north to go through Turnberry and past the Trump Turnberry hotel and golf course that night at the hotel I was telling Mark and Wendy ( @Mark Parrish , @Mrs P ) that it looks quite good at night as it it all lit up so as it was nice last night went out after dark to go mess about with new phone camera night settings.
A couple of pictures from out front.
20220422_230828.jpg
20220422_230822.jpg
20220422_230815.jpg
20220422_230800.jpg

So on way back quick detour up the back road as I am aiming to take a nice night picture with the zed and a starlight backdrop.
You need some very subtle diffused light on the foreground subject and a tripod to put phone in.
So phone propped against a rock blue led key ring thing that Lynne had took a couple of initial pictures ( so I can get an idea of the camera settings)

20220422_234718.jpg
20220422_234634.jpg
20220422_234517.jpg

A couple just of the stars
20220422_234920.jpg

20220422_234844.jpg

Not too bad for a phone with a bit of messing about think might be able to get something a bit better.
Stephen.

RickyBobby

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
MSport 23i Highline
Great photos - we managed to get up there last month with the clubs but unfortunately without the Zeds.

Granted we dropped on the perfect weather but as you say the hotel is very impressive - as is the whole set-up.

Here are a few photos I grabbed on the phone of the hotel & course including some from the back of the hotel.
20220318_103221.jpg
20220318_195616.jpg
20220318_210926.jpg
20220319_090143.jpg
20220319_095558.jpg
20220319_135827.jpg
20220319_111936.jpg

AleNod

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 E89 20i sdrive roadster
Great photos - we managed to get up there last month with the clubs but unfortunately without the Zeds.

Granted we dropped on the perfect weather but as you say the hotel is very impressive - as is the whole set-up.

Here are a few photos I grabbed on the phone of the hotel & course including some from the back of the hotel.
View attachment 220279View attachment 220281View attachment 220283View attachment 220285View attachment 220287View attachment 220289View attachment 220291
Ailsa Craig. Between the lighthouse and the flag stick.

Home of the really good curling stones. Apparently.

sarahvanessa

Hey, I just wanted to say that Turnberry Hotel looks absolutely incredible at night! I saw the pictures you took, and they're stunning. It must have been amazing to see it in person. Thanks for sharing them with us.
I've never been to Scotland myself, but it's definitely on my travel bucket list. It's great to see such a beautiful and iconic hotel like Turnberry being appreciated and shared with others. Thanks again for sharing your experience and photos with us!
By the way, I just discovered a webpage with a list of hotels under 21 years old to check-in. It might be useful for anyone planning a trip with younger travelers. I'm new to this forum, so I'm still exploring and learning from all the great posts and discussions here.

Last edited:

SabrinaPalmer

I just stumbled upon your post and wanted to drop in. Your night shots of the Turnberry Hotel are amazing! The way it's all lit up creates such a stunning atmosphere. It's great that you got to experiment with your new phone's camera settings and capture these pictures. The subtle diffused light and the starlight backdrop add a magical touch to the scene. By the way, if you're ever looking for accommodation, you might want to check out accor hotels near me. They offer a fantastic combination of great design, style, and high-quality service.

Last edited:

SabrinaPalmer

It's a gorgeous view, man!! And I don't care it's an old thread, because you made terrific photos!!

PhilipMendez

Your night pictures look absolutely stunning, especially with all those stars in the background. Trying out different camera settings on your phone can be so fun, right? Oh, and if you're ever looking for another great hotel experience, you should totally check out one of those Broadbeach hotels. I'm new here, but I wanted to pop in and offer a friendly suggestion.

Last edited:

Z Victor 1

Formerly "Ontiken1"
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
E 89 Z4 S drive 23i
Turnberry? Isn't that the place owned by crook and conman Trump? Americans seem to love 'cults' and conspirancy theory rubbish. 😅

RickyBobby

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
MSport 23i Highline
Turnberry? Isn't that the place owned by crook and conman Trump? Americans seem to love 'cults' and conspirancy theory rubbish. 😅
You're not wrong but that was never going to stop me playing one of the best links courses in the UK - at the end of the day golf is golf and if it's played in Scotland on true links land it will always take some beating :thumbsup:

LanceGates

Sounds like you had quite an adventure during the Spring Scottish run! It must have been a fantastic sight to see the Turnberry hotel and golf course all lit up at night. Your new phone camera's night settings seem to have captured the magic perfectly. It's moments like these that make trips memorable. Speaking of hotels, if you're ever exploring in Montreal, you might want to consider checking out accommodations at https://thishotel.com/montreal/. It's always great to have recommendations for future travel. Keep sharing your experiences and snapshots – they inspire us all to embrace new experiences and capture the beauty around us!

Last edited: