GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Hi all,

As you know I like to keep you all informed as the site develops. One of the things that has bugged me for a while is the total amount of individual forums, and the overall length of the forum list page.

What I will be scheduling at some stage will be the merging of a couple of forums, and an overhaul of how the forums are presented. This will involve:
  • Moving the location of some forums
  • Merging forums which have some overlap of content (for example 'Banter' & 'Lounge'). This should reduce confusion as to where to post general chit chat.
  • Converting some forums in to sub-forums which allow greater control of how they are displayed.
Here are a couple of mock ups of how this should look once completed. These changes will reduce the overall forum list page by about 50%, making it easier to find things!

Image 1: This is an amalgamation of the current "Roadster Community", "Regional & Interest Groups" and "Anything Else" sections.
forumlist_01.png

Image 2: This is how these 2 sections will display following the update. Nicely compressed, and easier to view!
forumlist_02.png

There will be no change to the model specific forums. Work will be scheduled in the next week, along with a update to the core Xenforo software. Let me know if you have any questions/comments.

Cheers, Gary

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
I don't know where anything is on here now
I agree that it's difficult sometimes to find things, and having overlapping forums doesn't help either! That's the exact reason for making the changes, to make it easier to find things.

The result will be three sections (down from 6). One for Community stuff, one for the Zed Technical discussion and one for General Car Stuff.
Sleep deprivation Liam? o_O :D

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
Just make it one forum Gaza and give us a good search engine. Much easier all round.:ymdevil: might even be able to find BMG's posts.:arghh:

M&S

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 2.0 20i M Sport sDrive
Just making the most of the last 10 mins lol ;)

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Just making the most of the last 10 mins lol ;)
Funny that, because I have loads of things I'm doing right now... Backups, double checks & final coffee before I get started...

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Good luck with the update, I'm sure all your hard work will be appreciated ;)

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Well done, now having a look around before I go to work :)

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Looking good , well done , ;)

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Looking good Gaz, more straightforward:happy:

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
it looks awful.......the sub forums with the arrows look very untidy ...sorry mate but it does

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
it looks awful.......the sub forums with the arrows look very untidy ...sorry mate but it does
I do take your point Wayne, and certainly no offence taken. It's the best compromise with the comments about not being able to find stuff. I tried about 3 different ways of making the forum list more organised.

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
im just old gaz and dont like change...but it makes the forum look un-uniformed...i'll get used to it.
thanks for the hard work