Suspension advice

Eddie Zedder

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.0
Morning Zedders,

Just wondered if £398 is a good price for 4 x Sachs shocks & 4 x Sachs springs, all bog standard OEM stuff for a 6cyl Z3. Or does anyone know if you can get them cheaper?

P.S. If I don't answer for a while, I'm just off to bed as I am on nights. :dead:

billz

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0si Individual Ruby Black Last one produced in this colour combo
That does no seem a bad price to me. Performance shocks and springs on ECP are around the same price

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
If they are legit then that looks a decent price. Personally not come across Sachs springs before, but can't see why they wouldn't give an OEM ride. Sachs/Boge shocks however are used commonly enough to know they are good.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Morning Zedders,

Just wondered if £398 is a good price for 4 x Sachs shocks & 4 x Sachs springs, all bog standard OEM stuff for a 6cyl Z3. Or does anyone know if you can get them cheaper?

P.S. If I don't answer for a while, I'm just off to bed as I am on nights. :dead:
Seems like a decent price to me Bryan, where are you sourcing them from mate?

Tony.

Eddie Zedder

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.0
Seems like a decent price to me Bryan, where are you sourcing them from mate?

Tony.
Hi Tony, hope you are enjoying your break.:thumbsup:

I found them on Carparts4less.co.uk, 13% off over the BH wkd.

£60 cheaper than ECP with their BH discounts, but ironically it is the same company - website is identical, apart from the name! They deliver direct from the warehouse, so no branch overheads.:thumbsup:

Dino D

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Manual
Hi Tony, hope you are enjoying your break.:thumbsup:

I found them on Carparts4less.co.uk, 13% off over the BH wkd.

£60 cheaper than ECP with their BH discounts, but ironically it is the same company - website is identical, apart from the name! They deliver direct from the warehouse, so no branch overheads.:thumbsup:
And you can return stuff in branch!

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
This is good to know,as one of my rear shocks is leaking :rolleyes:.
Been undecided weather to go with the Bilstein/eibach route or keep it o.e.m.
With the recent thread about rear tyre wear and how it can be worse with lowering the car,I think I'm keeping it standard tbh.

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
Just been on car parts for less,I got it to £483.84 @Eddie Zedder ,two front and rear shocks,with front and rear springs,all Sachs.
Still a lot cheaper than e.c.p though :thumbsup:.
Thing is though for another £150ish,you can get the Bilstein B12 kit.

Dino D

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Manual
This is good to know,as one of my rear shocks is leaking :rolleyes:.
Been undecided weather to go with the Bilstein/eibach route or keep it o.e.m.
With the recent thread about rear tyre wear and how it can be worse with lowering the car,I think I'm keeping it standard tbh.
You get inner edge wear on any BMW but on these it becomes very bad when one of the bushes is worn, on the rear beam especially.

Had a look at my rears and there is wear on the inner edge but not so severe like some of the pics. It's just like my e46 330i which was a Sport model.
Mine is lowered but fresh bushes.
Probably a 2mm difference from inner edge to outer edge across a 255 tyre on a 9,5j rim.

I guess if you doing big miles then worth thinking about but if a few k miles a year you'll need to change the tyres due to age anyway.

For a keen driver a sensible drop makes such a difference in these (but not so low you grounding out etc).

Eddie Zedder

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.0
Just been on car parts for less,I got it to £483.84 @Eddie Zedder ,two front and rear shocks,with front and rear springs,all Sachs.
Still a lot cheaper than e.c.p though :thumbsup:.
Thing is though for another £150ish,you can get the Bilstein B12 kit.
Hi Steve,
You need to put May13 in the discount box in the shopping basket, this will bring it down to £420 for you. :thumbsup: Bad news is that the offer ends tomorrow :(. It appears that the front springs are a dearer for the 2.8 than the 2.0, I assumed that they would be the same.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Hi Steve,
You need to put May13 in the discount box in the shopping basket, this will bring it down to £420 for you. :thumbsup: Bad news is that the offer ends tomorrow :(. It appears that the front springs are a dearer for the 2.8 than the 2.0, I assumed that they would be the same.
Wouldn't surprise me if the were the same just a reason to charge more for them?

Tony.

Eddie Zedder

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.0
Wouldn't surprise me if the were the same just a reason to charge more for them?

Tony.
Me too Tony. The part no's are different, tried to cross ref with Realoem, but springs are no longer available!

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
Hi Steve,
Thanks Brian,didn't know about the discount code :rolleyes:. That's a good price I reckon,very tempted to put an order in.
@t-tony you're most likely right,can't imagine a 2.0.is any heavier than a 2.8.
How you fixed for some zed shed antics after you get back from sunny Fla ?:whistle:.

Eddie Zedder

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.0
Thanks Brian,didn't know about the discount code :rolleyes:. That's a good price I reckon,very tempted to put an order in.
How you fixed for some zed shed antics after you get back from sunny Fla ?:whistle:.
You might have a queue @t-tony =))

Eddie Zedder

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.0
After checking numerous sources, apparently a pre-facelift 2.8L weighs 15kg more than a facelift 2.0L which would explain the different front spring ratings.

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
After checking numerous sources, apparently a pre-facelift 2.8L weighs 15kg more than a facelift 2.0L which would explain the different front spring ratings.
Thanks for researching this Brian,much appreciated :thumbsup:.

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
Just tried to make an order but the site isn't accepting the transaction :rolleyes:.
I'll give them a call on Tuesday.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Hi Steve, I have a patient, patiently waiting for me but unless the owner has had a miraculous recovery, I think there's every chance mate.

Tony.

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
Hi Steve, I have a patient, patiently waiting for me but unless the owner has had a miraculous recovery, I think there's every chance mate.

Tony.
Thanks mate I appreciate it :).
who's the patient ?. Oops you can't tell me,patient confidetiality and all that.