Write Up Surrey Hills

Jam03

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.2i
Been enjoying a bit of zedding in the Surrey Hills recently. There’s a nice route from Leatherhead through Headley, Box Hill, Dorking and along the A25 to Newlands Corner. Then back down the hill and up and over to the viewpoint on Staple lane. Then back onto the A246 heading east. Stop at the Lotus garage, then go home, or if you’ve got another hour to spare, turn right off the A246 and take Ranmore road back into Dorking.
2EBB281F-4F4F-4E4A-843D-42CF893CACF4.jpeg
4095EA00-203F-455E-A4FC-CA193DEDF135.jpeg
D3ACE263-13F0-467A-BA5F-1B2E4B65A4CD.jpeg
481853C3-C38D-4DC9-8198-012C6EDDE0C5.jpeg

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 2.0 20i M Sport sDrive
Lovely photos, you should enter for the monthly photo competition 🌞

Z Victor 1

Formerly "Ontiken1"
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Zedless!
Often used to have a drive out in that area at weekends when I worked and lived down there in the late 1960 s. Sadly not in a nice zed, but a tatty Ford Anglia 105e! Difficult to understand the locals down there, I worked in Mitcham which locals said was 'sarf landan', whatever that is !😀

motco

Zorg Legend
Model of Z
Z3 2.2i Sport
The second picture is Abinger Hammer if I'm not mistaken. I was an engineering apprentice at Hoover Ltd in Perivale a long time ago, and a member of the Hoover Motor Club. We had treasure hunt style rallies on summer weekends and that village was on one of the routes. Coming from west London (and now Buckinghamshire) I hadn't realised that Surrey was quite as picturesque as it is. I knew Box Hill because it was on the route from Ealing to Brighton long before any motorway let alone the M23. Beyond that was uncharted territory. Actually I knew the Bagshot area because my parents were keen spectators at what were then called motorcycle scrambles (now motocross I think) and they went to Bagshot Heath and Pirbright to see these events.

Jam03

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.2i
Often used to have a drive out in that area at weekends when I worked and lived down there in the late 1960 s. Sadly not in a nice zed, but a tatty Ford Anglia 105e! Difficult to understand the locals down there, I worked in Mitcham which locals said was 'sarf landan', whatever that is !😀
I worked in Croydon for a few years…don’t really miss it, especially the traffic around Mitcham to get there.

Jam03

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.2i
The second picture is Abinger Hammer if I'm not mistaken. I was an engineering apprentice at Hoover Ltd in Perivale a long time ago, and a member of the Hoover Motor Club. We had treasure hunt style rallies on summer weekends and that village was on one of the routes. Coming from west London (and now Buckinghamshire) I hadn't realised that Surrey was quite as picturesque as it is. I knew Box Hill because it was on the route from Ealing to Brighton long before any motorway let alone the M23. Beyond that was uncharted territory. Actually I knew the Bagshot area because my parents were keen spectators at what were then called motorcycle scrambles (now motocross I think) and they went to Bagshot Heath and Pirbright to see these events.
Well spotted, it is Abinger Hammer. It’s near to another favourite road of mine, the B2126. It’s only since I’ve had my Z that I’ve really explored all the fantastic countryside in Surrey and Sussex.

mwpe

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Model of Z
There are a lot of good roads around the Surrey Hills, the only problem is it has to be a slow cruise because there is very restricted visibility because of the vegetation, wouldn't want to change it though. Many years ago I worked at Garwick for one summer and every day travelled acfoss Ranmore common and down through the villages.