Sun Visor annoyance.

Up North

Absolutely love my Z3 roadster. Wonderful handling, comfortable ride and sounds from the M54 engine. However, with the top/hood open and sun visors rotated down, reflections of the tops of trees in the vanity mirror when whizzing through the woods is distracting. It literally occupies 20% of my upper vision, or so it seems. I'm sure the bean counters had a say in this, but how much could a small plastic cover over the mirror cost? Don't really need the mirror as I know I'm not getting any prettier. All my other vehicles with said mirrors have a cover.

Zephyr

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
Had the same issue when I had the Z.
Bought some black self adhesive vinyl, cut with an exacto knife and covered nicely the glass.

ExMX5owner

Staff member
Global Moderator
Supporter
Australian Zeds
Model of Z
99 2.0
Thanks for the tip guys, I scare the sh!@ out myself every now and again when I get a peep full of my own reflection, and think who's this old guy driving my car ?...:whistle:. But that being said, I do find that If I drive with it up, those extra couple of inches of windscreen make it more likely I will get home with my toupee still stuck to my head. Passenger side is another issue, make that one is bigger so wifey doesn't grab the rear-view to put her lippy on, because the visor one is too small for that..=))

Pond

Zorg Guru (II)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 project and E89 Z4
If you can find a drivers visor out an early z3 no mirror View attachment 307101
Stephen.
Now on my list. I am doing a rebody and they didn't 'do' vanity mirrors in 1962.
I was thinking I would have to fill the mirror piece in and then overlay it with black vinyl.
Did they do the passenger side with the mirror deleted?

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 Individual Dakar / Orinoco Individual
Not that i have ever seen.
But i suppose possible that early Lhd models may have no mirror on drivers side which would be our passenger side.
Stephen.

Last edited:

Ianmc

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 (M44)
My 1997 Z3 doesn't have a driver side mirror; less is more sometimes it seems. Interestingly, our E36 convertible (also1997) does have a drivers side mirror, but has a sliding cover.