Storm Ciara

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 2.0 20i M Sport sDrive
It’s quite windy here , but not as bad as they said it would be :)

Bumpa

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3, 2.2 litre Sport
I drove back from Edinburgh to Troon (75 miles) last night in my MGB GTV8 and it was quite an exciting drive. The rain was incredible and the standing water made aquaplaning all too likely. But still lunatics on the M8 were driving as though it was a bright sunny summer's day. At one point I came upon a car in the middle lane doing about 45-50 mph (I know he/she should have been in the left lane, but they weren't), so I overtook him/her in the thrid lane at about 65-70 mph. Some idiot jammed up behind me couldn't wait, so swerved left across three lanes, undertook us both then swerved back in front of us both. All this with rain so heavy double speed wipers couldn't really cope. Some folk leave their brains at home when they get behind the wheel.

BillyB

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Individual Roadster
Wet and windy here today, was a lot worse on the way home from the pub yesterday early evening but quiet through the night.

Pls

Zorg Legend
Supporter
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
1.9 Roadster
High wind and torrential rain overnight, but the wind is fairly calm here now, just snowing on the hills across the Firth.

Screenshot_20200209-094424_Photos.jpg

Radar shows its wetter with lightning 30 miles to the west, so we may get that in an hour or two. And winds of 45mph are forecast for this afternoon, a bit less than yesterday:

20200208_141321.jpg

The hatches are still battened down.

Cheers

Paul

the Nefyn cat

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
Actually in Nefyn. My, that took a while.
Model of Z
2.2i Sport
Well, I'm sitting (indoors) just outside Aberdaron watching garden furniture getting blown over. If it's on the floor it can't fall any further. One of the chicken sheds got blown sideways by the wind over night, not seen that happen before. Still, didn't move to Wales for the suntan.:whistle:

Silver Baz

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z3 2.0L Roadster
Just come back from the dog walk , not too bad , very mild 12 degrees .

Silver Baz

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z3 2.0L Roadster
Holy moly good job I took the dog out early , it's coming at us sideways at the moment .

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
Z4 3.0 Auto
I put all 3 wheelie bins in the garage yesterday afternoon after I’d been out for a pootle (beats picking all the green waste, recycling and rubbish up). Fully expecting fence panels to get blown out as usually happens with westerly gales. Going to be a wet and windy week and stormy again next weekend they say. . .. . . :(:(:(

Tony.

pgunter

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
2.2i sport & 3.0i sport
I put all 3 wheelie bins in the garage yesterday afternoon after I’d been out for a pootle (beats picking all the green waste, recycling and rubbish up). Fully expecting fence panels to get blown out as usually happens with westerly gales. Going to be a wet and windy week and stormy again next weekend they say. . .. . . :(:(:(

Tony.
leaving the Z4 outside then. =))

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
Z4 3.0 Auto
BA flight from NY to Heathrow, 4 hrs 56 minutes. That's just some tailwind!
Jet stream blowing at 286mph.
Turning flights away from Manc. Turkish Airlines flight landed at the 4th. attempt, bet there were some iffy smells on there;)

Tony.

Z Victor 1

Formerly "Ontiken1"
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 2.2i 'Kiwi'
Making temporary repairs to my fence at 7 am this morning! A broken post (rotten at the bottom) so fastened the fence to my neighbour's cherry tree with some rope! All this in high wind and rain, slipped off the ladder, bashed my shin on a low wall and came in cursing the weather. The wind even picked up my wheelbarrow and left it at the bottom of the garden the right way up. All good fun.:rolleyes:

the Nefyn cat

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
Actually in Nefyn. My, that took a while.
Model of Z
2.2i Sport
What I said earlier about being in Aberdaron? Stolen off the Telegraph website just now
On the ground Manchester Airport recorded a wind speed of 86 miles per hour at just before noon while in Aberdaron on an exposed stretch of coast in south Wales it hit 93 miles per hour.
:wideyed:

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
Z4 3.0 Auto
Someone just posted on FB from next village that a large tree branch was lying across high voltage power line at road junction.
Called Police, not interested. Called Highways, not their problem. Called Western Power, not their area but gave a number for Yorkshire Power who failed to answer the call.
Wonderful.

Tony.

Grumps

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Jue has just come downstairs and told me the bathroom and spare bedroom floor are soaking wet and the window sill in the bathroom is 3 inches under water :arghh:

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
Z4 3.0 Auto
Oh no! What can that be, Roof? I've just seen a chunk of pointing on the drive about 2 ft. from Shirl's car. Something else to do.:mad:
Could've been worse though.

Tony.