• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

Steering Wheel exchange

Gremlin

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 1.9
SRS is the airbag
It stands for Supplemental Restraint System
Thank you for that so that said I thought all steering wheels had air bags. I only said it was an srs because when I sent mine to Royal they came back to me and said that’s what it was. So basically they are all srs steering wheels is what you are saying.

Gremlin

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 1.9
yes all of them are SRS airbag wheels, but not all of them have it written on, so probably that's how he differentiates between them.
Thank you for clearing that up, I now understand there is no difference other than the bit of chrome with SRS on it. I just could not understand why Jack at Royal steering wheels came back to me when I sent it to him saying that it was not the wheel he had expected. But went on to say it was an SRS wheel but that was not a problem they could still do it and make a nice job, Which they did. Which made me think there must be some difference between some Z3 wheels.

Mazza

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 1.9 M44 Roadster Z3 2.8 Project
Hi all....

Having just fitted my red tanin wheel, I have this, if anyone is thinking of a Royal refurb.......( off my 1998 1.9 M44 roadster)

7B430DFE-1998-432A-8292-BB163022976F.jpeg