sound...

Z

zedonist

Based on experience, leave all the existing wiring in place and alone, fit a new head unit, new speaker wires, component speakers up front Hertz DSK130 (i recommend) with tweeters mounted in the screen, 4 inch hertz 100.3 (i recommend) in the back and a slim subwoofer (Fusion CP AS1080)under the passenger side matt. bias the head unit to the front speakers, dial in your desired bass and treble and enjoy.

Z

zedonist

If you have a storage unit between the roll hoop section then no sub, if you have a mesh grille between the seats then you have a sub. You should have 3 inch speakers behind the seats for your year, all speakers made of paper with foam surrounds, not the best for decent sound. IMHO

Z

zedonist

I have a 6.5 kicker sub where the storage box is. You can fit 6.5 in the front, but will need spacers and grille mods. You can fit 5.25 in the rear but will need shallow mount other wise spacers make a problem for seat position. End of the day you only want to fill from the rear so the 4" hertz are ideal. Don't bother with the door cards, it is better to place tweeters on the dash to bring the sound station in front of you. I know all this because I have tried it all, and the best is what I posted earlier. Choice of HU is key also, I have an Alpine mechless player, it allows you to put an alpine inline amp to it which sits behind behind the HU.

David Cullen

Zorg Legend
Supporter
The M44 Massive
nice man, sounds like a nice set up :) im just going for simple and mid range so I got a ripspeed flipout unit the other day and will try source kicker or fli speakers to suit, done all that sound stuff years ago with amps and subs and caps, here I just want it simple but decent enough, probably go 3 way in the foot well and at the rear, should be good enough, seems to be some coax run to the rear already :)

Z

zedonist

Fli components worked well in the front, don't do 3 way in the front as the sound is too low and too far forward. Components is the way go. My set up as described excluding the sub is £350 including Hu and in line amp.

Z

zedonist

Foot well 5.25

Rear is 3 inch

Door cards are 1.5 inch mid and 1 inch tweeter, I have the mids if you want them

Z

zedonist

Try these

Rockford Fosgate Punch Series: P142 4'' 2-Way Full Range Speakers for the rears

Rockford Fosgate Prime R1 Series: R152-S 5.25" 2-Way Component System Speakers for the front

Z

zedonist

Brand is excellent,you can pick them up off ebay free shipping