Sods law

zedster4

Zorg Addict
East Anglian Crew
Hi Guy's,

Bloody typical, warranty ran out on Jan 22nd and I've just noticed a well known problem with the early E89 Z4's (2010), that being water ingress in the rear light cluster.
I spoke to my local dealer and was told as it was out of warranty I would have to book it in and then if there was any work to be carried out they could request a 'good will gesture' repair but it's not guaranteed and even if they did agree to do the work I would still have to pay £150 towards the repair :(

I then phoned BMW customer support and was told virtually the same thing, even after saying this was a known fault so BMW should cover the costs of repair. Well, I may as well been talking to the cat so in the end had to hang up as I was getting pretty hacked off by the total lack of interest in helping me out, well done BMW, the Z4 may be my last =((

Anyway, phoned an independent today and was quoted £52 inclusive to repair, apparently it's a simple gasket change. If it's such a simple fix why the hell can't BMW cover this trivial amount and try and keep their loyal customers happy, this is my third BMW, surly it makes sense in the long term.

Bazza :coolsteer)

micklaw

Zorg Legend
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
1.8 roadster
makes you want to buy another next time you change NOT!!!!!
you just cant reason with some of these dealers thery are there own worst enemies :(
hope you get it sorted barry

zedster4

Zorg Addict
East Anglian Crew
micklaw said:
makes you want to buy another next time you change NOT!!!!!
you just cant reason with some of these dealers thery are there own worst enemies :(
hope you get it sorted barry
It's their attitude that gets to me. All smiles when they want you to part with your money, when you want something in return you can go whittle.

micklaw

Zorg Legend
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
1.8 roadster
i know barry bet they cant do enough when they sold the car to you.
they have short memories.
buy a porsche next time :ymdevil:

B

badman gee

All they want is money with little or no aftercare.

I had issues with my imola z3m years ago.

Terrible service from main dealer.

Jamezee

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2 sport, Z4 Coupe 3.0Si, E38 728i Oxford green and beige interior
A bit sickening especially when the car is only a few years old :(

B

badman gee

Perhaps it's time for a change bazza! You have had it a while.

zedster4

Zorg Addict
East Anglian Crew
badman gee said:
Perhaps it's time for a change bazza! You have had it a while.
Funny thing. They phoned me up on the date the warranty ran out asking me if I was thinking of exchanging it, I think it's quite common for people to change after three years. If I did change what would I go for as I love the Zed :ymhug:

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
My brother did the same with all three of his Audi TT Cabrio's, as after the warranty ran out, bits started to fall off them.
Then he went for a Lotus Evora, bad choice, the dam thing has been backwards and forwards to the dealers more often than the mechanics who work there.

Update: He just read my post, so he sent me an e.mail.....quote......

I sold the Lotus and have bought an Aston Martin V8 Vantage Roadster
Happy days!

How the other half live! Bloody boys in the city........I will get him to send me some pics.

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
Hey Bazza
Sorry to hear about the problem, doesn't matter what make of car you buy, as soon as the warranty runs out, they start falling apart. However in this case as it's a known fault, you would have thought BMW would have recalled the cars or fixed it at service.

Just out of interest, what did they quote you for an extended warranty.

Mike

Macca

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.5l Msport
EnthuZiaZT said:
Hey Bazza
Sorry to hear about the problem, doesn't matter what make of car you buy, as soon as the warranty runs out, they start falling apart. However in this case as it's a known fault, you would have thought BMW would have recalled the cars or fixed it at service.

Mike
Mike, mine runs out in August and I was quoted £550 for a year. Don't know whether that is good or bad?

MAURICE THE MARTIAN

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Model of Z
Z4 3.0SE AUTO
Mine runs out tomoz.been quoted £438. Bmw warranty fully comp.inc european breakdown cover thats for my 03 3ltr Z4. So yours seems a little excessive.
Moz

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Macca

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.5l Msport
MAURICE THE MARTIAN said:
Mine runs out tomoz.been quoted £438. Bmw warranty fully comp.inc european breakdown cover thats for my 03 3ltr Z4. So yours seems a little excessive.
Moz

Maurice, who is that with?

MAURICE THE MARTIAN

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Model of Z
Z4 3.0SE AUTO
Just logged on to do the warranty .now they want £596. Their renewal letter for £438 is sh*** .so they can go F..k themselves .
Moz

zedster4

Zorg Addict
East Anglian Crew
EnthuZiaZT said:
Hey Bazza

Mike
Hi Mike, got a letter asking if I wanted a BMW warranty but having read on various forums when I had my 3 series that the BMW wasn't that good and excluded loads of items you think would be covered I went for the Warranty direct luxury care, but at a price LOL.

Jamezee

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2 sport, Z4 Coupe 3.0Si, E38 728i Oxford green and beige interior
MAURICE THE MARTIAN said:
Just logged on to do the warranty .now they want £596. Their renewal letter for £438 is sh*** .so they can go F..k themselves .
Moz

What does a warranty cover for all that?

Beardy501

Hi guys, I need to replace the N/S rear light cluster on my 2010 E89 hard top convertible..... I'm hearing and reading that it's quite a common fault on this model but I cannot find a unit anywhere to purchase one.

Anyone got any tips on how to get hold of one please?

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
The Dealer is likely your only option.

Tony.