Welcome to ZRoadster.org - BMW Z1 Z4 Z8 Z3 Forum and Technical Database

If you want to join in with the discussion, and see the areas which are available only to members then sign up now!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Social Distancing

Discussion in 'General Banter' started by Robert Wiles, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Robert Wiles

Robert Wiles Zorg Guru (I)
    British Zeds

Model of Z:
    Z3 3.0
    I'm slowly becoming incensed by some people's cavalier attitude to social distancing. The nice weather is encouraging too many people to go out when they shouldn't. When I go for my daily walk, I'm always mindful to keep the 2 metre distance from others. However, I've been astounded by the number of dog walkers and others that just don't seem to get it.

Today I needed some shopping. I walked to the local Co-Op and was pleased to see tape on the floor of the aisles at the correct spacing. Most people were doing their best to observe the lines, except for a woman of about 30 who was wandering up and down the aisles, chatting on her phone and brushing past people. The second time she did it to me I said to her that she should be 2 metres away. She said that I was very rude to talk to her like that. I replied that she was being very selfish and inconsiderate to behave in the way that she was. What amazed me was that she told whoever she was talking to on the phone that she'd just been insulted by a very rude man. The sad thing is that if she ends up getting the virus, she won't for a minute think that her behaviour may be to blame. What's wrong with these people?

• Agree Agree x 7
  2. ktnez99

ktnez99 Zorg Guru (I)
    British Zeds

Model of Z:
    Z3 2.8L
    Because they are ignorant. Arrogant. Selfish. Insular.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. t-tony

t-tony Zorg Expert (II)
    Supporter British Zeds #ZedShed

Model of Z:
    Z4 3.0 Auto
    There's nothing wrong with her Rob, it's everyone else:rage:. f***ing MORONS will kill us all.:mad::mad::mad:

Tony.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Grumps

Grumps Zorg Expert (I)
    Supporter British Zeds

Model of Z:
    2.8 Roadster
    Saved me saying it mate :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Shelly

Shelly Zorg Expert (I)
    Supporter British Zeds East Anglian Crew

Model of Z:
    Z4 2.0 20i M Sport sDrive

It’s really getting on my nerves, about people coming near me ( this was yesterday in Asda ) I feel like telling them to go away I’d swear at them but I don’t swear .
    Luckily enough I’ve got a online slot for next weeks shopping.
    I agree what is wrong with people, why don’t they listen and keep to the rules , I’ve been in the house for 8 weeks now as I had a operation , I’ve only left the house about 10 times in 8weeks so I don’t want to pick anything up .
    It’s those idiots that are spreading this virus around.........

6. Chrisr1949

Chrisr1949 Zorg Addict
    British Zeds

Model of Z:
    Yeah, I was in a queue, 2m apart outside a Waitrose store in an upmarket town close by. The guy, tall, in a suit next in line was tutting, waving his head and shoulders from side to side and general putting out the body language that he found the whole thing a bore and a total waste of his valuable time. I gave him a cheery smile and commented that these measures were very necessary weren't they, he didn't even reply!

7. Grumps

Grumps Zorg Expert (I)
    Supporter British Zeds

Model of Z:
    2.8 Roadster
    I've just had a major with a guy at aldi cashout. No real polite way to put it so I'll just say it, he was a grade A cock womble! Stood right up against folks and not giving a monkey's for anyone around him. Poor girl on the check out was getting really upset as she had nowhere to escape to. After I politely :rolleyes: asked him to back off he took note and moved on. All this terrifies me, I'm prone to infections after having Sepsis twice and really don't want to be out in it at all but my 80 year old parents need feeding so needs must at the moment..

8. Redline

Redline Zorg Expert (I)
    British Zeds

Model of Z:
    Z4 3.0L SI Sport Auto
    Just point them out to a member of staff - am sure they'll soon get thrown out, and, if they get arsy, they won't be allowed back in again.
    The behaviour of these people is terrifying. Am sure it worries the stores equally as much.

The rules they are applying now to counter bulk buying is acting against those of us that have to buy for vulnerable family members too. In causes you to have to go out more often counter to the government advice. We are using corner shops and farm shops for much of our stuff to minimise supermarket visits.

Have heard that some senseless t**ts are booking multiple on-line delivery slots and then cancelling all but one. Unbelievably selfish behaviour. Anybody caught doing that should be charged £200 for each delivery lot that they prevent others from using.

As far as people not keeping their distance - Maybe use the phrase - "Please stand back, or, I WILL taser you" ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Bampz

Bampz Zorg Addict
    British Zeds

Model of Z:
    Been spending time in the garden until today , farmer spreading the proverbial sh*t and it stinks which got me thinking about going to the shop tomorrow for weekly visit , walk in field in wellies when visit store and it will give social distancing a whole new meaning :ymdevil:

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Redline

Redline Zorg Expert (I)
    British Zeds

Model of Z:
    Z4 3.0L SI Sport Auto
    Ask the farmer to go with his rig before you go. That'll clear the way :whistle:;)

11. Mazza

Mazza Zorg Guru (III)
    British Zeds The M44 Massive

Model of Z:
    Z3 1.9 M44 Roadster
    How about this then...... my sister in law lives in Verwood and is too scared to go shopping in Morrison’s in the town as it’s been reported that there have been ‘ yobs’ spitting at the people queuing outside the shop.