So very proud right now - thank you all!

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Hi,

Excuse the rambling nature of this message, because it's difficult to express in words what I'm thinking at the moment.

I really just want to say a huge thank you for how you have all participated in Frankies visit to the UK this week. I'm sure Frankie will have (and already has voiced) his own words of appreciation for your efforts.

I was a little nervous initially when he said he was coming that it may be difficult for people to be available to meet up with him. Had a vision of him being in a dreary hotel somewhere, wandering around doing the tourist thing with the occasional Zed owner pitching up to say 'hi'.

Don't anyone take that the wrong way, I'm just a natural worrier. I would have personally been distraught if he didn't have a good time when he came over. It was one of the things I talked to him about when showing him around Wiltshire when he came to see me.

Of course I shouldn't have fretted, because everyone has put so much effort in to 'Operation Frankie'. The text messages welcoming him to the country, the spare beds provided, the day trips planned, the sheep, the pictures, the soap in the shower, the phone calls, people rearranging their work plans, the meals... the list goes on a very long way.

Too many names to list, so I won't. You know who you are :angelic:

I've been the member of a wide range of forums, and an awful lot of them too. None of those have had anywhere near the level of friendliness that you guys show. OK, some would say I am biased as I run the site but seriously you are an awesome bunch of guys 'n' gals. The members make the community, and you have created one of the best out there :happy:

This week has truly been one of the most rewarding events I've been involved in since getting my first Zed (or Zee) 5 years ago.
For once this post isn't about the forum, this is about you guys - and you guys rock! :scorecard:

Gaz.

Macca

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.5l Msport
Gary it was a pleasure, he is a really nice guy. I just hope he gets home ok..;-)

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Gary, not a rambling message at all.:)

It was a pleasure to meet up with Frankie and be part of the welcome. He's a great guy, I'm sure he's had a great time.

B

badman gee

Great message gaz, I'm glad Frankie enjoyed it and I hope he returns. The spare room is always available!

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster
Gary you beat me to it I was going to post something similar to thank everyone for their hospitality towards Frankie as quite frankly it was priceless. Where else could he have gone in the world and have been treated to such a great experience it is without doubt a true picture of what a fantastic community we have here on Zroadster.org.

Everyone needs a round of applause for this so please join in on the appreciation of such fabulous comradery.

B

badman gee

Ps thanks to gaz and the mods for the best site going.

Without it non of us would have met!

z3cade

Zorg Guru (III)
East Anglian Crew
Very true not many forums like this. I can understand why he got quite emotional when he left Rutland yesterday.
Frankie's a great member of this forum. Such an effort by him to leave his home county and rely on complete strangers and there hospitality.

Just proves that the best people all drive Zeds (Zee's) :D

miller1098

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
M
I was a little unsure what reception Frankie would get,when I realised he wasn't coming for Silverstone .But I quickly realised this trip could and would be way better than a visit to a Show ,no matter how good it is.This must of been like a visit to family and friends with a guided tour of the country thrown in.the saying goes "we're here for a good time,not a long time"I think the whole forum has had a good time keeping up with Frankies adventure ,for the little effort I put in I got so much more back.Dont really know what it is about the forum that brings this particular bunch of back here, but whatever it is don't change." It's been emotional " :)

B

badman gee

I was a little unsure what reception Frankie would get,when I realised he wasn't coming for Silverstone .But I quickly realised this trip could and would be way better than a visit to a Show ,no matter how good it is.This must of been like a visit to family and friends with a guided tour of the country thrown in.the saying goes "we're here for a good time,not a long time"I think the whole forum has had a good time keeping up with Frankies adventure ,for the little effort I put in I got so much more back.Dont really know what it is about the forum that brings this particular bunch of back here, but whatever it is don't change." It's been emotional " :)
He got the best reception ever!

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I didn't get to meet "our" Frankie in person but I finally caught up with him by phone at lunch time today. All too short but highly enjoyable as he told me some tales of his visit and the generosity shown to him by all the forum members which he greatly appreciated. He told me was a bit emotional when the time came to head off yesterday. We should all feel the better for knowing and meeting this man. Until next time Frankie,take care and a safe journey home.:)

Best regards, Tony.

Z

zedonist

Don't forget the sheep!

We'll done all, I wish I had been available, I am beginning to think all these events are planned on a purpose when I am busy, but I will catch you out soon......

Zeti

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
Romanian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 roadster 1.9
I can't believe that Frankie's journey came to the end! :(
What a full time activity even for us , the net audience!
Great job Zroadster.org for a great guy!;)

bruce&kim

Zorg Legend
The West Country
Really sorry I missed the chance to meet you Frankie i have watched the week progress and the members you have met and no doubt the fun you have had and am totally envious. Well done to all that made our friend have memorable trip...
saying that l think he will never eat lamb again :baa