Not open for further replies.

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
EDITED 8TH JUNE

SEE FILE ATTACHED FOR FINAL GRAPHICS AND END OF THREAD FOR LATEST NEWS

• Option 1

• Option 2
  1. Snoops 2 plates (SNOOPS/ZIPPY/ZROADSTER LOGO)
  2. Swamper 2 plates (SWAMPER)
  3. Aceman 2 plates (Zroadster Logo with Carbon background)
  4. Seasurfer 2 plates (Seasurfer with graphics)
  5. GazHyde 2 plates (Zroadster logo with Carbon background)
  6. Macca 2 plates (MACCA/Logo)
  7. Badman Gee 2 plates (BADMAN GEE)
  8. Boysie 2 plates (BOYSIE, Ray & Barb below)
  9. Zedwheels 2 plates (ZEDWHEELS - Brian & Linda below)
  10. EnthuZiaZT 2 plates (EnthuZiaZT)
  11. Board 2 plates (Zroadster logo with carbon background)
  12. Yocky 2 plates (YOCKY x 1 Zroadster logo with carbon background x 1)
  13. Nero 2 plates (Own design)
  14. Bessieblue 2 plates (Blue Bessieblue Val & Pete below x 2)
  15. Monkey 2 plates (Monkey/Logo and "Designed by engineers, built by Robots and driven by a Monkey")
  16. La_vida_diver 4 plates (1x blue for the road + blue background Zroadster logo in black and 1 x black for the track + black background Zroadster logo in white)
  17. Wildeboy 2 plates (1 Wildeboy in blue John & Jack below + 1 Zroadster logo with carbon background)

Attachments

zedwheels

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Nice one snoops, will look forward to your update.
Maybe we could have our site names and the roadster logo on them?

ZEDWHEELS
Zroadster.org

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
snoops...iv got mine...but would have some that just have my forum name on them..?

SeaSurfer

Zorg Guru (I)
Model of Z
2.2 Sport Z3 Auto
They look good. A map of the circuit and date and name of event would be nice as a comemorative piece to keep.

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
The good thing is we'll be able to have absolutely anything - forum name, car name, Zroadster logo, map, cartoon image anything really - whatever your imagination can generate - the space will be yours to fill.

The good thing is, it's not "one size fits all", everyone can have their own design :D

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
Being ambitious, we could have co-ordinated name badges & Car plates to match!! How good would that be ;) Then you could have a competition matching members with their cars :D Only joking!!! ^#(^

HornelZ3M

Zorg Addict
Supporter
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
=)) :ymapplause:

Well done Snoops. I do like the Sleeve, its like the Stig, only with one arm ;)

B

badman gee

EnthuZiaZT said:
Being ambitious, we could have co-ordinated name badges & Car plates to match!! How good would that be ;) Then you could have a competition matching members with their cars :D Only joking!!! ^#(^
what are you having mike? or is it sandy?

SeaSurfer

Zorg Guru (I)
Model of Z
2.2 Sport Z3 Auto
Wonder what the name would look like in our fav colours too mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I like Badman's scarecrow =))

SeaSurfer

Zorg Guru (I)
Model of Z
2.2 Sport Z3 Auto
Is he ? =)) =)) he will be after us again =)) Thats looks good, but think the black actually looks better, good to experiment though, thank you.

B

badman gee

SeaSurfer said:
Is he ? =)) =)) he will be after us again =)) Thats looks good, but think the black actually looks better, good to experiment though, thank you.
take that wicked ladies

:ymdevil:

Warrior

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
3.0i sports automatic
Snoops said:
I mentioned in Mr Gee's thread about "improvements for ZedFest" that I would look into show plates for when we're on the track.

If we go for a plate similar to road legal ones then the cost is probably going to be circa £20-£25 (Swamper got some at Newby), however I have looked at a product called Correx which is corrugated plastic that is overlayed with vinyl. It's the stuff that temporary signs are made of - similar to estate agents boards.

I am awaiting a price but it's going to be nowhere near £25 but bear in mind this material is nothing like the hard plastic used for number plates. The only proviso I would want is that the vinyl is wrapped over the edges so you can't see the corrugation looking down on them, that shouldn't be a problem I don't think but I'll ask that question tomorrow.

The good thing is, we can have whatever colours we want and it is very lightweight so it will affix with double sided tape quite easily and we can provide any design we want (everyone different if we want) as long as it fits into the size template (Standard Oblong plate 524mm x 112mm ) and we provide the files as a PDF - which I can sort out.

Here is a picture of the product in use but if you Google Correx you'll find loads of sites on the web.

Give me an indication of thoughts, I'm hoping to get a price tomorrow/Wednesday

Correx is not the best product to use for these if you can stretch to a few more $$$$$$.
Cheap, yes, but the corrugations make it susceptible to bending, difficult to put vinyl on and impossible if you want to wrap over the curved corners.

3mm Foamex is a perfectly flat rigid board used for shop fascias and displays, comes with a gloss black or white finish, has a clean edge and would just require graphics to be added. It would need to be routed or laser cut from an 8'x4' sheet which can be picked up for around £50 plus vat. A stronger tape may be required but heavy they ain't.

If you want i'll put a shout out on a sign forum that i'm a member of and see if anybody can price the blanks.

I could do the vinyl graphics if required.

Status
Not open for further replies.